100% of N3 production

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Apple has reserved 100% of TSMC's N3 production, which I hear has 80% yield. It appears that they do not want to be caught with an undersupply of product, as has often been the case in the past.

One article I saw said that TSMC is slowly ramping up production and in March, expects to put out 45K wafers. By my math, that is an average of 1 wafer a minute, which sounds like a lot of production lines.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Apple has reserved 100% of TSMC's N3 production, which I hear has 80% yield. It appears that they do not want to be caught with an undersupply of product, as has often been the case in the past.

One article I saw said that TSMC is slowly ramping up production and in March, expects to put out 45K wafers. By my math, that is an average of 1 wafer a minute, which sounds like a lot of production lines.
80% yield at this point in the lifecycle is very impressive.

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score

Unfortunately, their source is a Digitimes article and, while it may be true, I've not seen independent confirmation of this elsewhere. Also, that link you posted, which is to okexbtczs.tibet.org , appears sketchy, based on some of its attempted redirects (and its content is plagiarized from Tech Times: https://www.techtimes.com/articles/...utput-processors-to-lead-the-3nm-industry.htm ):

1677466336595.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2