2023 NFL Thread

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Looks like the first big Free Agent signing will be Derek Carr signing with the Saints.

@Alli, what do you think of this?

That leaves the Jets and Raiders with big QB holes to fill and only 1 top QB (Rodgers) to fill them.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Lord knows we desperately need a decent QB. Don’t know if Carr’s the guy though. It would be nice to have someone young, fresh, and excited.

I think he is a bridge. He won't lose you games so they need draft QB's in the later rounds and hope one will be the next Tom Brady. The nice thing is if you get them in later rounds, they don't cost anything and you can cut of them if they can't play.

And from reading about his deal, it will leave them some salary for other players.

That said, I really thought either Bridgewater or Winston would be their long-term QB. Maybe there is something to coaching.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That said, I really thought either Bridgewater or Winston would be their long-term QB. Maybe there is something to coaching.
I would have loved for Teddy to stay. The timing just wasn’t right. Winston was a zero from day one. I hate being forced to follow the draft!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Two weeks in a row, and Carr is fitting right in and settling into a groove. I’m a happy camper.

WhoDat! ⚜️⚜️

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Two weeks in a row, and Carr is fitting right in and settling into a groove. I’m a happy camper.

WhoDat! ⚜️⚜️

They looked good last night. Until that last Panther's drive. I hate Prevent Defense.

I figured they would coast to the NFC South title, but Mayfield has the Bucs at 2-0 as well and is playing well. Of course, it IS Mayfield and he could go "South" NPI;) in a heartbeat.

The most surprising thing is the Bengals are 0-2 and haven't looked good at all. I think that Division goes though Baltimore as long as Jackson stays upright.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The season has definitely started out wobbly for a lot of teams. I know people who are still mourning that first game between NY and Dallas.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The Jordan Love that played last night was not the same as the one who brought the Packers back from 17 down against the Saints (Sorry @Alli). I don't think it would have happened had Carr not gotten hurt.

Carr is listed as Questionable. So 50/50 on if he is going to play. And Mayfield came back to earth last week. Or maybe the Eagles D is just good.

I have to say the Miami offense is looking great. That no-look pass from Tua was just an incredible play. But they will have an actual test this week against the Bills.

No idea what is wrong with the Bronco's. Wilson is not playing bad, at least according to the stats. But the offense is just not clicking,

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Jordan Love that played last night was not the same as the one who brought the Packers back from 17 down against the Saints (Sorry @Alli). I don't think it would have happened had Carr not gotten hurt.
I just like the name, Jordan Love. Sounds like he belongs in an 80s hair band. I was just starting to really like Carr, and screamed when they called on Winston. How is he even still a backup?!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I just like the name, Jordan Love. Sounds like he belongs in an 80s hair band. I was just starting to really like Carr, and screamed when they called on Winston. How is he even still a backup?!

Definitely one of the Top 32 QB's in the league. Just needs to find his fit.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
@Alli,

Several sports blogs are saying that the Saints & Vikings are talking a deal to send Jameis to the Vikings.

We will know here in a few hours.

Edit: Vikes went with Dobbs from Arizona. So looks like Jameis is staying put.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
@Alli,

Several sports blogs are saying that the Saints & Vikings are talking a deal to send Jameis to the Vikings.

We will know here in a few hours.

Edit: Vikes went with Dobbs from Arizona. So looks like Jameis is staying put.
Damn. I was all excited for a minute.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Bummed that my SF 49ers did so well in the beginning just to lose their last 3 games to subpar teams. But they're my team, win or lose I'll always support them.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Bummed that my SF 49ers did so well in the beginning just to lose their last 3 games to subpar teams. But they're my team, win or lose I'll always support them.
Yes they lost 3, but I don't think it is cause for concern.

The Browns have a very good Defense. Had the kicker made the 2 very makeable FG's, they win.

It seems Purdy may have had a mild concussion during the Vikings game which led him to make some very bad throws that cost them.

And the 3rd loss was to to Joe Burrow who is probably the 2nd best QB in the league behind Mahommes. So no shame there.

They need to get Trent Williams back, but I think they will be fine going forward.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yes they lost 3, but I don't think it is cause for concern.

The Browns have a very good Defense. Had the kicker made the 2 very makeable FG's, they win.

It seems Purdy may have had a mild concussion during the Vikings game which led him to make some very bad throws that cost them.

And the 3rd loss was to to Joe Burrow who is probably the 2nd best QB in the league behind Mahommes. So no shame there.

They need to get Trent Williams back, but I think they will be fine going forward.
It's their defense that's really blowing it though, they've suffered a bit offensively (a few costly turnovers) but scoring has been consistent throughout. They just can't stop the other team from besting them.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It's their defense that's really blowing it though,

Chase Young will have an impact. Offenses will no longer be able to put 2 on Bosa and not worry about the other side. So a RB/TE will most likely have to stay in and chip one of them. This will force the QB to get off his throws a bit quicker and possibly before receivers can come open.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
@Alli

Is this good news or bad news?

I mean it is good news from a cap standpoint, but it also means they aren't moving on.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Tangentially NFL related, there is the story about three guys who went to a friend's house to watch the last game of the regular season (Chiefs vs Chargers) and were all found frozen to death in the back yard a few days later. The first KC playoff game was played in 0°F type weather, but this was a week earlier, when it was in the 30s. The guy who lived there was roused on Thursday and seemed to have no clue about what had happened to his friends. It looks like fentanyl may have been involved.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is this good news or bad news?
The last few games of the season, they were really coming together as a team. I’m glad they’re keeping Carr. Now that they’re all comfortable working together, next year could be pretty sweet.

Top Bottom
1 2