Andor (StarWars Disney+ 2022-)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
A prequel to the Rogue One Movie. Watch 3 episodes and decide if you are hooked. I’m excited when ever I see something that (infrequently) appears Star Wars worthy!

C7C5953A-4D1D-4B15-81AF-38E4B0163522.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Did you like Rogue One? We did although many didn't.

To me Andor is the best of the new "series" (The Mandolorian & Book of Boba Fett are the other 2).

Had to go back and watch Rogue One again just to see how it can link up. They have at least a couple of good seasons to get us from Andor to the beginning of Rogue One.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I

To me Andor is the best of the new "series" (The Mandolorian & Book of Boba Fett are the other 2).

Had to go back and watch Rogue One again just to see how it can link up. They have at least a couple of good seasons to get us from Andor to the beginning of Rogue One.
Loved Rogue One except for one thing
they killed everyone off. Sure, it gives this story a bite, and more profound, but I would have preferred seeing these characters continue in more stories.
I loved just about every rebel in this. What a shame. :(

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've already been watching the series and greatly enjoying it. It's right up there with Mandalorian for me. I never could finish Boba Fett though.
For some reason I did not fall in love with Mandalorian, it could be of my perception that in many cases, stories in 30 min episode bites are short changed, seem shallow. There is just not the time…Now it’s curious that the pacing in Andor is ok and with 12 episodes I can view this as a 6 hr movie. :)

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I loved just about every rebel in this. What a shame. :(

Agreed. They panned Felicity Jones who played Jyn. I thought she was fine and nowhere near the worst casting decisions in the franchise (both Anakins for one).

Let's just hope they can get 2-3 seasons in between the end of S1 and R1. Would like to see them explore Saw Gurerro as well. Something major had to happen between S1 and R1 to make him go it alone.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Andor is good, I’m still working my way through it. The thing about Star Wars is, it puts me to sleep, literally. It just does, it’s often so uninteresting but Mandalorian is entertaining and I prefer the darker Andor tone. Any film after the original trilogy bores me to tears.

Edit: Possible exception to that is The Phantom Menace, which I find stunningly bad, with the exception of the lightsaber fight at the end. It’s so bad I’m mystified, so less sleepy.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

I felt Rogue One was more of a tying up loose ends of the story, and somewhat enjoyed it but not on the top of the Star Wars list of story lines.

However I rather much enjoyed the Andor season, and hope they don't screw up any followup seasons. It was interesting to see the beginnings of the Rebellion.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Not the greatest source here but I’ve read a few times that Andor will be two seasons.

Well hell. Was hoping for at least 2 more.

Edit: Possible exception to that is The Phantom Menace, which I find stunningly bad, with the exception of the lightsaber fight at the end. It’s so bad I’m mystified, so less sleepy.

Anakin was so miscast in this movie. He needed to be more of a rebellious young teen than someone who looked 10. And while Hayden Christensen was fine age-wise, he was/is just a horrible actor, especially when on screen with Natalie Portman & Ewen McGregor.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I felt Rogue One was more of a tying up loose ends of the story, and somewhat enjoyed it but not on the top of the Star Wars list of story lines.

However I rather much enjoyed the Andor season, and hope they don't screw up any followup seasons. It was interesting to see the beginnings of the Rebellion.

Unless I’m ignorant, before Rogue One came out of the blue, the audience only knew that rebels had stolen Death Star Plans. If anyone at Disney had had any imagination, they could have made it a trilogy. Yeah, easy for me to say. :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well hell. Was hoping for at least 2 more.

Anakin was so miscast in this movie. He needed to be more of a rebellious young teen than someone who looked 10. And while Hayden Christensen was fine age-wise, he was/is just a horrible actor, especially when on screen with Natalie Portman & Ewen McGregor.
It’s feasible Anakin could have been seduced by the Emperor/Dark Side, but chapter 3 failed spectacularly to sell this idea. I’m good, I’m Jedi, I’m good, what they picked on the Emperor?? No questions from me, I’ll forget everything I know and go slaughter little Jedis in the Temple…Bah! :mad:

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So here are a couple of questions I would like to see answered in Andor that are related to R1.

1) How did Jyn end up in an Imperial prison, and how did the Resistance 1) know who she was and 2) that she was there.

2) What did Saw do or the Resistance do to make him break away.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the two most pressing for me.

It’s feasible Anakin could have been seduced by the Emperor/Dark Side, but chapter 3 failed spectacularly to sell this idea. I’m good, I’m good, I’m good, what they picked on the Emperor?? No questions from me, I’ll just go slaughter little Jedis in the Temple…Bah! :mad:

Yet for some reason, this is my daughter's favorite movie of them all. And she is a Sci-Fi dork.

I'm with you. It sucked.

---------------------

On a somewhat related note, The Mandolorian S3 hits March 1, 2023.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
So here are a couple of questions I would like to see answered in Andor that are related to R1.

1) How did Jyn end up in an Imperial prison, and how did the Resistance 1) know who she was and 2) that she was there.

2) What did Saw do or the Resistance do to make him break away.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the two most pressing for me.

Yet for some reason, this is my daughter's favorite movie of them all. And she is a Sci-Fi dork.

I'm with you. It sucked.

---------------------

On a somewhat related note, The Mandolorian S3 hits March 1, 2023.
I have 2 episodes left in Andor, so although I see no Jyn Erso/Felicity Jones listed in the credits, I am at a disadvantage with this question. :D I would guess there is a high probability we will see the answer to your question 2.

This show is so good, it has applied such gravity to the Star Wars ecosystem. I’ll be frank, episodes 4-6 were driven by the menace of Darth Vader and the Emperor. Storm Troopers mostly appeared to be closer to cartoon characters, than effective fighters. Not true here, the Empire feels like a real, oppressive threat.

This show in it’s small sliver of the SWs universe, has amplified the menace of the Empire and it’s minions 10 fold because of excellent writing and direction. Outstanding acting, and Andy Serkis is also appreciated. Also when you consider a lot of this is filmed with green screens, the backgrounds are impressive. Coruscant looks like a real place.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I have 2 episodes left in Andor, so although I see no Jyn Erso/Felicity Jones listed in the credits, I am at a disadvantage with this question. :D

She won't be in this season. She personally may not even be in S2. But since Andor is supposed to flow right into R1, I hope they at least talk about her and her father.

After you finish Andor, go back an watch R1 while it is still fresh.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Andor Season One:
  • The writer is the most powerful person associated with a story (a surprising plot), director #2, actors #3.
  • Excellent writing and pacing.
  • The most menacing portrayal of the Empire with grit I can remember.
  • More than rebels and ships staging from an outlying base, home town rebellion.
  • Andor as a rebel, runs circles around Solo.
  • Honorable mention to Stellan Skarsgard and Andy Serkis.
  • Luthan Rael kicks the Empire’s ass!
  • I have a crush on no-nonsense Kaz.
  • Give me 4 more seasons, and make the episodes 1 hour each! :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
She won't be in this season. She personally may not even be in S2. But since Andor is supposed to flow right into R1, I hope they at least talk about her and her father.

After you finish Andor, go back an watch R1 while it is still fresh.
When was Jyn Erso in prison? I’ve not been exposed to that or I don’t remember. :unsure:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
When was Jyn Erso in prison? I’ve not been exposed to that or I don’t remember. :unsure:

In the early parts of R1. IIRC it is right after Saw rescues her from the hole she is hiding in. Then it jumps from young Jyn to current Jyn and she is on a prison transport when K comes and rescues her. She is them kind of given an ultimatum to go talk to Saw or go back to prison.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the early parts of R1. IIRC it is right after Saw rescues her from the hole she is hiding in. Then it jumps from young Jyn to current Jyn and she is on a prison transport when K comes and rescues her. She is them kind of given an ultimatum to go talk to Saw or go back to prison.

Ok, I just thought she had been captured for some reason, not in prison per say. :)

Top Bottom
1 2