Beats Studio 3 ..... How can Apple actually get away with this crap?

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
My sister gave me the newest model Beats Studio 3 several days ago. She works for a casting agency, so she gets a lot of free perks from random companies. I was excited to get this.

So the Pros .....

It's the black and gold color and looks very nice.
It has the W1 chip. So easily connects to all my Apple devices and shows up on the battery widget.
Battery life is good, especially with ANC off.
The snug fit is good for jogging.
Easy clickable and discrete controls on left ear side. Might seem a bit old school, but definitely easier to use than touch controls.

Now the CONS .....

The ANC completely SUCKS!!!! It's supposedly adaptive, but it's just a damn joke. I've tried it outdoors and indoors. Straight TRASH!!! It's muffles noise instead of canceling it. 😂
I can't stress enough how poor the ANC is on this.

The sound is just mediocre. I remember having a pair of Beats Solo (wired) almost a decade ago, and the bass was pretty good. The bass and treble on this sounds like the cheap TaoTronics headphones I use to buy. I was expecting a lot more.

You would think an Apple product with a W1 chip, would be able to stop and start audio whenever you remove the headphones from your head when connected to an Apple device, but NOPE.
Why is it my Sony WH-1000XM4 is able to do this and not these headphones? 😕

I have small ears, so this fits like a glove. But I think people with larger ears than mines will have an issue with the fit.

Built quality feels good, but also seems very delicate. And the top padding is pretty thin.

Doesn't connect to my Samsung or Sony Smart TVs. 😡

Verdict ....

This should be $150 at the most. Can't believe people are buying this for close to $300 without instantly returning it.
I always thought people were exaggerating how bad the Beats brand is, but damn, it's really not worth the price at all.
I don't get how this brand is strong to survive the competition, with such a high price for such a mediocre product.

I currently have ....Sony WH-1000XM4, Sennheiser Momentum 2, AirPods Pro, Galaxy Buds Pro, and Galaxy Buds Active. They all sound better and have better ANC than these Beats Studio 3 headphones.
And YES, I included the Galaxy Buds Active. Which is a damn shame!!!

I will using this for home use only, mainly for my Apple TV box. Thought about using this for jogging cause of the snug fit, but I don't want my sweat to ruin this. Maybe when the weather gets colder.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got the bears sports ear buds and still nothing great in sound. but they go about 8 hours on a charge and stay on my wear well while riding my bike and such. but it sure does not take much to make beats sound lousy. Myself I don't like the W1 chip. then eats I only use on my phone but they are always connecting to my iMac audits a pain to get them to let go. Plus Siri can drive me nuts through them way to much yacking

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The Sony WHXB900 I got the ladies a couple of years ago are extremely nice. Sound very good, super long battery life, comfortable, nice app for tuning, shockingly good noise cancellation (I used them on a plane on time) and a great price, ~$130 on some kind of promo (I see the replacement 910 is only $115 (the exclusive Amazon blue is double that for some reason ...)

I got the wife a couple of pack of covers for working out, keeps them clean, and prevent sweat intrusion, cheap too, like $20 for a pack of 3.

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
My sister gave me the newest model Beats Studio 3 several days ago. She works for a casting agency, so she gets a lot of free perks from random companies. I was excited to get this.

So the Pros .....

It's the black and gold color and looks very nice.
It has the W1 chip. So easily connects to all my Apple devices and shows up on the battery widget.
Battery life is good, especially with ANC off.
******** fit is good for jogging.
Easy clickable and discrete controls on left ear side. Might seem a bit old school, but definitely easier to use than touch controls.

Now the CONS .....

The ANC completely SUCKS!!!! It's supposedly adaptive, but it's just a damn joke. I've tried it outdoors and indoors. Straight TRASH!!! It's muffles noise instead of canceling it. 😂
I can't stress enough how poor the ANC is on this.

The sound is just mediocre. I remember having a pair of Beats Solo (wired) almost a decade ago, and the bass was pretty good. The bass and treble on this sounds like the cheap TaoTronics headphones I use to buy. I was expecting a lot more.

You would think an Apple product with a W1 chip, would be able to stop and start audio whenever you remove the headphones from your head when connected to an Apple device, but NOPE.
Why is it my Sony WH-1000XM4 is able to do this and not these headphones? 😕

I have small ears, so this fits like a glove. But I think people with larger ears than mines will have an issue with the fit.

Built quality feels good, but also seems very delicate. And the top padding is pretty thin.

Doesn't connect to my Samsung or Sony Smart TVs. 😡

Verdict ....

This should be $150 at the most. Can't believe people are buying this for close to $300 without instantly returning it.
I always thought people were exaggerating how bad the Beats brand is, but damn, it's really not worth the price at all.
I don't get how this brand is strong to survive the competition, with such a high price for such a mediocre product.

I currently have ....Sony WH-1000XM4, Sennheiser Momentum 2, AirPods Pro, Galaxy Buds Pro, and Galaxy Buds Active. They all sound better and have better ANC than these Beats Studio 3 headphones.
And YES, I included the Galaxy Buds Active. Which is a damn shame!!!

I will using this for home use only, mainly for my Apple TV box. Thought about using this for jogging cause of ******** fit, but I don't want my sweat to ruin this. Maybe when the weather gets colder.
I have no clue why Apple is still selling them. They've been on the market for five years now!

They don't even have USB-C. The ANC has this awful "hissing" sound that makes them unusable. I briefly owned a blue pair and immediately began to wish that Apple would release its own headphones under the "AirPods" moniker.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
I have no clue why Apple is still selling them. They've been on the market for five years now!

They don't even have USB-C. The ANC has this awful "hissing" sound that makes them unusable. I briefly owned a blue pair and immediately began to wish that Apple would release its own headphones under the "AirPods" moniker.

Initially, I didn't know these were that old, cause there's no Studio 4. But that's still no excuse for this garbage, especially at the price it's going for, cause my Sennheiser Momentum 2 headphones are older.

And yea, I did hear hissing with ANC on when volume was near max.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just went through another pair of Beats earbuds. The first were the Powerbeats 3 which has a cable between the buds. Those lasted maybe two years before failing completely. I replaced those with Powerbeats Pro, truly wireless buds. I liked the performance of both but the Pros are suddenly giving me a range of connection issues. I can usually get them to work but the struggle is becoming stupid so no more Beats for me.

I’ve ordered Status Between Pro earbuds. Seems like an interesting product priced well. But, if these let me down, I’m going high end next time.

Top Bottom
1 2