Garden drip systems

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We have one along our back fence but it's pretty straight row basic. I'm thinking of installing one in my modest 4' x 5' greenhouse as well as connected to a raised garden stand just outside the greenhouse. Within the greenhouse there 3 shelf levels including the ground.

So any tips? My first question, is it better to have the main hose line running from an elevated height or from the ground? Most of the plants won't be on the ground level but there will be some.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Run a 1/2" line and feed off of that then you dont have to worry too much about loss of pressure. I use the small sprinklers for my small plots and it works well but I had to double up the 1/2" feed lines. Did sprinkler design in college years ago.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Run a 1/2" line and feed off of that then you dont have to worry too much about loss of pressure. I use the small sprinklers for my small plots and it works well but I had to double up the 1/2" feed lines. Did sprinkler design in college years ago.

I bought 150 ft of 1/2" mainline at Home Depot but then saw all line attachment parts they have at Home Depot are universally hated. So Amazon I went. Parts arriving over the next couple days.

My mom and I bonded over this video, nearly 40 minutes of organizing your drip system parts. :ROFLMAO:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have used them they are fine the sprinklers can fail but the 1/2" parts have been fine.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
My only experience with them was when a factory I worked for got flooded because a neighbour had one end of the hose fall off so the tap was on full blast and went on holiday. I called the police who said here was nothing they could do.
So I climbed over the gate and turned it off. Needless to say then the police came and detained me whilst they verified my story.

Top Bottom
1 2