I Just Bought One Of These Trendy New Mechanical Keyboards.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
It's click y as hell,. I';m deciding to leave up all my muistakes, because A. it's funny, and B. it's tragic. UIt';s gonna take me awhile to get used to this, esdpecially coming from an ergonomic keyboard,.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Renzatic, and Io'm typing to you with this stupid clicky damn thing. My tests hjere will continue on untill I make NO mistakes, and I can t ype at roughly the same speed as I could rpeviously. The beatings will contijnue until morale improves!

Renzatic

Reaction score
Damn thing's tall as hell here. Typing on it makes it feel like I'm making my fi ngers do th e spider dance.

Renzatic

Reaction score
It's customary in these situations to show exactly what I bought. But you know what? I'm bucking that trend! I'll do it later, once I get used to tyoping on this a little more.

Renzatic

Reaction score
You know what it sounds like when you're typing on it? UI'll tell you. CHAKKA CHAKKA CHAKLKA CHAKKA CHAKKA CHAKKA!

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
my son (14) loves mechanical keyboards. i hate them.

he also likes the site monkeytype.com to track his typing prowess.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, my Das uses Cherry Brown, there's not really a switch click, more the sound of the keycap tapping against the chassis.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Oh yeah, my Das uses Cherry Brown, there's not really a switch click, more the sound of the keycap tapping against the chassis.

Supposedly, the browns are supposed to be the happy medium of the bunch, being smoother than blues, though not quite as quiet as the reds.

To me, they all remind me of those old IBM keyboards that everyone seemed to have back in the day.

And by the way, the keyboard I have is the Keychron K2 v2. The very one shown in the video above.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I would want a mechanical keyboard that looks
s-l1000.jpg
Much easier to clean the dirt, hair and crumbs off the desk than trying to dig them out of the case.

Renzatic

Reaction score
I would want a mechanical keyboard that looks
s-l1000.jpg
Much easier to clean the dirt, hair and crumbs off the desk than trying to dig them out of the case.
There are keyboards that are set up very much like that, with the round, standing keys.

I'll see if I can track one down.

Edit: here you go. It'll set you back $350.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Also, another thing I just realized. I type correctly with my left, hand, but peck type with my right index finger. Isn't that weird? IT IS TO ME!

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
There are keyboards that are set up very much like that, with the round, standing keys.

I'll see if I can track one down.

Edit: here you go. It'll set you back $350.

Well, screw that – it is missing the most important feature: being open to the desk. I need to have it exposed to the desk, so that it does not collect crud inside. Even a keyboard with classic squarish keys would be fine, as long as the bottom is open.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Well, screw that – it is missing the most important feature: being open to the desk. I need to have it exposed to the desk, so that it does not collect crud inside. Even a keyboard with classic squarish keys would be fine, as long as the bottom is open.

That's pretty close to what you're wanting. Only the base of the switches are imbedded in the keyboard, and they're easy to remove.

Top Bottom
1 2