iPad Mini 6 Redesign

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

If this is true I'm going to be kind of bummed that I traded my Mini 5 in for the Air 4. Since there was no announcement of a new Mini at the Spring event I figured Apple were just going to let the Mini 5 collect dust for another couple years. Seems like their really going to give the Mini 6 the special treatment which I'm kind of surprised about because the Mini is probably one of the less popular iPad models.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Given how large iPhones get these days, I'm rather surprised the Mini is still around. For me, it seems to fall into an unhappy medium. Too big for phone stuff, too small for tablet stuff.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Given how large iPhones get these days, I'm rather surprised the Mini is still around. For me, it seems to fall into an unhappy medium. Too big for phone stuff, too small for tablet stuff.
Actually I didn't find it too small for tablet stuff. It had a very nice feel to it. And if this rumor is true, it will be getting a slightly bigger screen without being too big which would be a nice improvement.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

I'm hoping this happens:

Last May, reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reported that Apple would release an iPad mini that’s between 8.5 inches and 9 inches.

I think that's what they need to do, bump up the size just bit.

If they used the same A/R as the 11" Pro, an 8.5" device would be ~7.5" x ~5.4" (FWIW, using the 12.9, it would be ~ 7.3 x 5.6)

Now imagine a slight trimming of the bezels using the 11" relative specs, you might get another 1/2" or so trimmed down, that would make a pretty small, light package.

Top Bottom
1 2