Severance

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
This is one of those shows that you have to have a lot of patience for. The pace of the first few episodes is really slow, but it will quickly become one of your favorite shows if you're into thrillers.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
The season finale was mind-blowing. I can’t wait for next season.
Yeah... when they do a cliff-hanger, they really mean it. As for timing of season 2, here's what Ben Stiller said: “The hope is that we would get into production by the end of the year.” When asked if the release date would be in 2023, Ben Stiller replied, “Possibly, possibly, yeah.”

A couple of the reveals were expected: Gemma = Ms. Casey and Helly = Eagan family, for example. But, other than suggesting that Lumon's goal is to sever and control pretty much everyone, we still don't know what the MDR employees are doing. For that matter, what are the goats for, and what's the meaning of the cards Burt and his people made? And what was the meaning of the mask dance Dylan watched after eating his waffles?

I knew from the outset Severance was going to be dark, but it took a couple of episodes to confirm the showrunners took that seriously. So many of the interior scenes outside Lumon are dimly lit. For example, Mark and Irv just seem to use under-cabinet lighting, and even Devon's house is subdued. I think this is a deliberate contrast to the stark bright white lighting at Lumon HQ.

I was a bit put off by Helly's chip implantation procedure, though. IIRC, it was done with her hair in place, which would be practically impossible to do aseptically. Interestingly, a neurosurgeon served (or should I say severed) as medical consultant and was in the scene. And Harmony Cobel didn't have any problem retrieving the intact implant drilling from the side. Artistic license, I suppose.

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
As for timing of season 2, here's what Ben Stiller said: “The hope is that we would get into production by the end of the year.”
Really? That seems like a while from now. Other Apple TV+ shows such as "For All Mankind" are set to go into production much sooner than that.
When asked if the release date would be in 2023, Ben Stiller replied, “Possibly, possibly, yeah.”
Possibly? Meaning that it could be pushed back to 2024? :cry:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Really? That seems like a while from now. Other Apple TV+ shows such as "For All Mankind" are set to go into production much sooner than that.

Possibly? Meaning that it could be pushed back to 2024? :cry:
Who knows? There are so many variables, including conflicting commitments by the actors, state of the pandemic, funding, and so on. Also, while there's general agreement that Severance will require more than one season to tell the story, how many hasn't been decided yet. As with any serialized show, unless there's a firm commitment to produce however many seasons are needed, the writers may not know if there'll even be one to follow.

Top Bottom
1 2