Still here, still breathing. Just

U

User.191

Hey y'all,

I know i've been conspicuously absent for a while - just to let you know I'm still on this mortal coil, I've just been monumentally tied up with work for past few weeks.

I've finally been given the green light to start hiring again for my team which means that I'm snowed under with that, my day to day work, supporting three new markets we're just about to open up in AND, like a total blithering idiot, I foolishly volunteered to give a presentation at the end of the month at one of our vendors quarterly talks (which has a global audience! 😱 ) . Having done exactly zero of these before (I know it's 0 - I counted twice just in case I missed any) I'm quite naturally terrified of what I've let myself in for - and have been refining my Keynote presentation over and over and over...

So right now I'm barely keeping my head above the work waters and just trying to get it all done.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I know i've been conspicuously absent for a while - just to let you know I'm still on this mortal coil, I've just been monumentally tied up with work for past few weeks.

I've finally been given the green light to start hiring again for my team which means that I'm snowed under with that, my day to day work, supporting three new markets we're just about to open up in AND, like a total blithering idiot, I foolishly volunteered to give a presentation at the end of the month at one of our vendors quarterly talks (which has a global audience! 😱 ) . Having done exactly zero of these before (I know it's 0 - I counted twice just in case I missed any) I'm quite naturally terrified of what I've let myself in for - and have been refining my Keynote presentation over and over and over...

So right now I'm barely keeping my head above the work waters and just trying to get it all done.
Thanks for checking in. It will be nice to have your participation in discussions when you have more free time.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Best of luck with it all, and thanks for checking in.

Look forward to having you back participating in discussions, when time and your schedule allow.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Thanks for checking in!

Hope everything works out great, and that you’ll return once you have the time and energy to risk laughing up a gob full of orange spice tea (or whatever’s hip) over your keyboard and desk again.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Hey y'all,

I was wondering where you've been, glad you're checking in. I am in the same boat at my work, they won't allow me to hire more people and they keep adding new contracts that we are in no position to staff. It's to the point to where I just have to throw my hands up because I simply can't keep up, the biggest drawback is I have to provide terrible service to clients I've developed great relationships over the years and it's really my name that takes the hit more so than the company.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I can relate. Trouble I have is when it comes to hiring, finding quality people to hire. Impossible to be honest.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Never used keynote, but power point isn’t that tricky to master.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been wondering where you’ve been! I figured it was probably work related as I know you’ve mentioned being really busy once before but I was still hoping nothing bad happened! It hasn’t been the same around here without your humorous comments. Glad everything is alright!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Never used keynote, but power point isn’t that tricky to master.

My daughter loved Keynote in school. Everyone else did PP, but she used Keynote and her presentations looked completely different than everyone else's. Set her apart.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My daughter loved Keynote in school. Everyone else did PP, but she used Keynote and her presentations looked completely different than everyone else's. Set her apart.
It really depends on the school district, I know in Oregon in the one I grew up in they all used Macs and then sent everyone out into a world of PCs and Windows. In the end it's comparable though, just a matter of learning a different toolset.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It really depends on the school district, I know in Oregon in the one I grew up in they all used Macs and then sent everyone out into a world of PCs and Windows. In the end it's comparable though, just a matter of learning a different toolset.

Not here. My daughter's school district was 100% MS. Free Office 365 while a student, free laptops if you couldn't afford one. My daughter was certainly in the minority taking her MBP to school.

I guess what made her presentations different was the stock templates. All PP's look the same, at least when HS kids just want to get the project done, where the Keynote's just have a different look to them. One summer when she was complaining about being bored (must have been pre-license), so I paid her to learn Photoshop. Bought one of those books that had the disc of files with it. Paid her $20 a chapter to learn it. :) She was annoyed at the time, but wanted the money. She has since thanked me.

Top Bottom
1 2