Suspended at MacRumors?

gollum

Power User
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I was lurking in the MR Arm forum over there reading through the Alder lake vs. M1 thread and noticed @Cmaier - you got suspended?

I'm still trying to gain an understanding of Arm as a desktop and laptop processor.

Sorry if this isn't permitted here. please move it or delete it, if I violated any rules. Don't suspend me :p

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I was lurking in the MR Arm forum over there reading through the Alder lake vs. M1 thread and noticed @Cmaier - you got suspended?

I'm still trying to gain an understanding of Arm as a desktop and laptop processor.

Sorry if this isn't permitted here. please move it or delete it, if I violated any rules. Don't suspend me :p
I have been permanently banned at macrumors. feel free to ask whatever you’d like about ram in our tech forums here :)

It takes a lot to be suspended here, so I don’t think you need to worry :)

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah it's your what, second perm-ban? The first time some of us tried to make a fuss - didn't get suspended but had quite a few posts deleted. Second time it looks like they were just looking for any excuse to ban again. Funny because cmaier's posts were a huge reason why I visited Macrumors during those times (I'm sure for others too).

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
what on earth could you possibly have been banned for?

i guess whatever it is shouldn't surprise me, given i've had two suspensions of my own, the most recent just last week.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

i guess whatever it is shouldn't surprise me, given i've had two suspensions of my own, the most recent just last week.
Most of us have been penalized for the most trivial stuff, they regularly go through and dissect everything out of posts so you'll rarely ever see a trail. Not that some don't have it coming but most do not, Cmaier was just one of dozens of stand up people that they've banned. Their loss is our gain though, he has a lot of support on both sites.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I don’t want to harp on it, because it’s Arn’s site and he can do what he wants, and I like this site much better anyway. FWIW, I was banned for the following post (which was not responding to any particular post):

1651944070752.png

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I don’t want to harp on it, because it’s Arn’s site and he can do what he wants, and I like this site much better anyway. FWIW, I was banned for the following post (which was not responding to any particular post):

View attachment 13798

I've been suspended 4 or 5 time there for posts with similar sentiments (under Citysnaps). Worst was only for a month, though.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been suspended 4 or 5 time there for posts with similar sentiments (under Citysnaps). Worst was only for a month, though.
Yeah, IMHO your last one was worse :)

Anyway, let me know if I’m missing anything over there or if there’s anything over there we should be talking about here. News has been a bit slow, but I’m looking forward to going nuts on here for WWDC.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, IMHO your last one was worse :)

Anyway, let me know if I’m missing anything over there or if there’s anything over there we should be talking about here. News has been a bit slow, but I’m looking forward to going nuts on here for WWDC.

Not missing much. Just a ton of juvenile whineage about Apple and Tim Cook that seems to get injected into every story. The latest whinefest was about Apple's new customer repair program and the proper tools Apple rents to do proper repairs.

And everyone there is just giddy about the EU regulatory agencies that are finally sticking it to the man (Apple).

Swear to god this forum is a breath of fresh air.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not missing much. Just a ton of juvenile whineage about Apple and Tim Cook that seems to get injected into every story. The latest whinefest was about Apple's new customer repair program and the proper tools Apple rents to do proper repairs.

And everyone there is just giddy about the EU regulatory agencies that are finally sticking it to the man (Apple).

Swear to god this forum is a breath of fresh air.
So it's basically as he described in the post he got banned for :ROFLMAO: At least those who have followed him here actually care about the tech instead of just wanting to shit on it.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So it's basically as he described in the post he got banned for :ROFLMAO: At least those who have followed him here actually care about the tech instead of just wanting to shit on it.
Honestly, what bugged me more about that place than astroturfing samsung employees shitting on apple was the mansplaining. Can’t tell you how many people over there have PhD’s in Solid State Physics bestowed from the University of Macrumors, and wanted to explain to me why some chip I designed didn’t work the way I said it did because they read something in an overclocking forum written by an anonymous german.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
The closest I ever got to being banned at MR was a warning about a post that referred to another poster. But, over time, I've become less tolerant of the back-and-forth BS there, so I rarely comment on the front page stories. The current thread about Apple's machine learning director leaving because of the company's return to work policy is a case in point. Not worth my time to sort through many hundreds of posts to find the few reasonable arguments on either side.

I do still visit MR for certain topics, such as the ongoing threads about Mac Studio and Studio Display orders/delays. I think most of the folks there are actually interested in being helpful, and the same is true of other threads devoted to specific issues.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The closest I ever got to being banned at MR was a warning about a post that referred to another poster. But, over time, I've become less tolerant of the back-and-forth BS there, so I rarely comment on the front page stories. The current thread about Apple's machine learning director leaving because of the company's return to work policy is a case in point. Not worth my time to sort through many hundreds of posts to find the few reasonable arguments on either side.

I do still visit MR for certain topics, such as the ongoing threads about Mac Studio and Studio Display orders/delays. I think most of the folks there are actually interested in being helpful, and the same is true of other threads devoted to specific issues.
Yeah, they offer a lot in other sections. I still love hanging out in the photography forum, tons of great posters with lots of traffic in there.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, they offer a lot in other sections. I still love hanging out in the photography forum, tons of great posters with lots of traffic in there.

I spend time on dpreview and l-camera-forum for that. Both have decent traffic and everyone is very helpful. (The latter has german and english sections, and i find the people in both to be lovely, but that’s just for Leica stuff). dpreview is good for discussion relating to Sony.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Most of us have been penalized for the most trivial stuff, they regularly go through and dissect everything out of posts so you'll rarely ever see a trail. Not that some don't have it coming but most do not, Cmaier was just one of dozens of stand up people that they've banned. Their loss is our gain though, he has a lot of support on both sites.

I got a warning for, get this, referring to MYSELF as a redneck. :eek:

Top Bottom
1 2