Switching Music Services

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve switched from Spotify to Apple Music and I’ve maybe 1600 liked songs from Spotify I’d like to transfer over.

I did this when I switched from Napster (Rhapsody) to Spotify 4-5 years ago. I used a service (can’t remember the name) to transfer songs over which worked ok. Within a year or two someone had gotten my Spotify credentials and was using my account. NBD, but I couldn’t know if it was a result of using that service or not.

Now there are apps for that. One is called Songshift which seems the most popular. I’ve done some searching but I don’t see a ton of concern about security. Specifically, I’m wary of entering my Apple password anywhere at all. If I did this, I’d likely change the password right after I transferred the music.

Anyone familiar with Songshift or do this regularly? While searching I discovered a surprising amount of people use it regularly to keep multiple services in order, which is weird to me.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since this thread got so much traction 🤣, a quick update.

I downloaded Songshift and, surprisingly, I didn’t have to enter passwords to access both Spotify and Apple Music accounts. Not sure how that works but quickly transferred what I needed, and then went into account settings for both services and revoked Songshift access to them. Then deleted Songshift. I’m behind the times, not knowing how apparently risk-free this is.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I've been using the paid Amazon music service for years but after recently subscribing to YT (for ad free content) it also offers the same service for less money so I think I'm going to get rid of Amazon. I also have a basic Sirius subscription because I love the stations, especially the decades (60s, 70s, 80's).

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since this thread got so much traction 🤣, a quick update.

I downloaded Songshift and, surprisingly, I didn’t have to enter passwords to access both Spotify and Apple Music accounts. Not sure how that works but quickly transferred what I needed, and then went into account settings for both services and revoked Songshift access to them. Then deleted Songshift. I’m behind the times, not knowing how apparently risk-free this is.
Somehow I missed this thread. I’ve used SongShift a few times. Mostly when my son sends me a Spotify playlist and I want to transfer it to Apple. I’ve been very happy with it, and it’s certainly easy.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been using the paid Amazon music service for years but after recently subscribing to YT (for ad free content) it also offers the same service for less money so I think I'm going to get rid of Amazon. I also have a basic Sirius subscription because I love the stations, especially the decades (60s, 70s, 80's).
I seem to be one of maybe three people on Earth who signed up for a Sirius lifetime subscription maybe in 2004, prior to the merge with XM. It costed $500 and I’ve never had a monthly bill. You’re allowed to switch radios 3 times (their definition of “lifetime”) and you pay $75 each time you do that. I’ve got one switch left and that won’t happen for at least 5 years.

I think my two most used channels are Yacht Rock and 40s Junction.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I also have a basic Sirius subscription because I love the stations, especially the decades (60s, 70s, 80's).

The Sirius App kind of drops the ball for use in a car. I would like the favorites to stay up in tile form so you can easily switch stations.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think my two most used channels are Yacht Rock and 40s Junction.
We listen to 40s Junction a lot!
The Sirius App kind of drops the ball for use in a car. I would like the favorites to stay up in tile form so you can easily switch stations.
Must depend on the car, cause I get a full list of my favorites so I can easily switch amongst them.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Must depend on the car, cause I get a full list of my favorites so I can easily switch amongst them.

For me it is when using an AUX cord. I have had to do that twice in the last 6 months or so taking U-Haul's across the country. Once you pull up your page of Favorites and select one, it take you to that station's page and shows you the Artist and Title. I would rather the Favorites page stay up so I can more easily select a different station.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
For me it is when using an AUX cord. I have had to do that twice in the last 6 months or so taking U-Haul's across the country. Once you pull up your page of Favorites and select one, it take you to that station's page and shows you the Artist and Title. I would rather the Favorites page stay up so I can more easily select a different station.
Definitely is the car radio then.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Definitely is the car radio then.

To be very clear, Herdfan, are you using CarPlay?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
To be very clear, Herdfan, are you using CarPlay?

Not in the case I am describing. Using an AUX cord.

But I think the issue would be the same using a BT home speaker and having the phone sit on a table or desk.

Top Bottom
1 2