Terminator-like liquid metal robot developed

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
Check out video S2, where it escapes from a "jail cell". Not sure how I feel about them mixing Lego and Terminator movie franchises:
1675407221533.png

Popular press:

This is how it starts. Someone better call Linda Hamilton.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
In the first Terminator we had the T-800, then the liquid metal T-1000, then the hybrid T-X, and now on Talked About, this is posted by TH-9. Not at all suspicious.

I think we're a long way from cyborgs from the future, but the advances are interesting, even if it's just escaping Lego jail.

This is how it starts. Someone better call Linda Hamilton.
It's widely thought that Terminator 2 used far more CGI than the original, but that's not entirely true. The metallic pools composed of liquified Robert Patrick were nothing more than a hair dryer and some mercury.

When we see the T-1000 morph into a duplicate of Sarah Connor, it's not green screen magic, but Linda Hamilton's twin sister, Leslie.

0ae62cc66a61e2997dcd77a96466478a.jpg

Better lookin' than little Lego dudes.

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
It's widely thought that Terminator 2 used far more CGI than the original, but that's not entirely true. The metallic pools composed of liquified Robert Patrick were nothing more than a hair dryer and some mercury.

When we see the T-1000 morph into a duplicate of Sarah Connor, it's not green screen magic, but Linda Hamilton's twin sister, Leslie.

View attachment 21645

Better lookin' than little Lego dudes.
Cool bit of movie trivia!

In the first Terminator we had the T-800, then the liquid metal T-1000, then the hybrid T-X, and now on Talked About, this is posted by TH-9. Not at all suspicious.
That's getting a bit too close for comfort. Looks like we'll need to .... address this. That's too bad, since I've enjoyed our interactions, human.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I always wondered about the psychology of how we humanize robots. We typically make them in our image, or an image that we have some sort of emotional attachment too (dogs). Then they replace us, by performing our jobs with greater efficiency and reliability. We should be stopping them now... (kinda kidding). However the initial question on how we related to robots is an interesting one, and I am sure there are many studies that explain why.

Top Bottom
1 2