Thanks Magnum PI

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Wasn't really sure where to put this, but since it has to do with cameras, I put it here. I can move it if you think I should.

But was watching Magnum PI last night and he was trying to see in a tinted window. So he pulled out his phone and put it up against the tinted window and was able to take a clear picture.

Wasn't sure if this was a real thing, so the wife tried it on her vehicle which has factory tint around the rear cargo area. Sure enough, the phone took a very clear picture of what was inside even though it was hard to see even with your face pressed up against it.

So no more thinking people can't see in your vehicle/business just because you have tinted windows.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I've never tried this, but it makes sense if you think about it, because a camera can just increase exposure. It's sort of like putting a neutral density filter on your lens - the filter cuts the amount of light coming through, but the camera can still make a good exposure. In this case, the car window is acting as an ND.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I've never tried this, but it makes sense if you think about it, because a camera can just increase exposure. It's sort of like putting a neutral density filter on your lens - the filter cuts the amount of light coming through, but the camera can still make a good exposure. In this case, the car window is acting as an ND.
Agreed. Also, the fact that you're putting it right up to the glass and cutting out any outside light allows it to remove that from the equation, it's as good as screwing a filter on to your lens.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Those old SLRs with the fat rubber shade around the lens must have been great for tat sort of shooting.
You can by the gaskets on the cheap, great for situations where you're behind reflective glass so you can press your camera right up against it.

Top Bottom
1 2