Vaccine Booster

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wanted to have a separate thread for this to get feedback on the booster for those who have received it, were the side effects the same, anything else to report? Looks like we're a couple of weeks out but I won't be eligible until December.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I'm not due for a booster until November, and presumably by then Moderna will have been officially approved and boosters made available for those of us who had the original injections of Moderna vaccine. I'm a little leery of having a different vaccine as a booster, would rather stick with what I had the first two jabs.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not due for a booster until November, and presumably by then Moderna will have been officially approved and boosters made available for those of us who had the original injections of Moderna vaccine. I'm a little leery of having a different vaccine as a booster, would rather stick with what I had the first two jabs.
So far all the recommendations are to get the booster of the same brand as your original two.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
... and unlike with the first two jabs I could feel the injection site. Beyond that, nada. #TeamPfizer
I could also feel the injection site. Plus the medicine as it went in which I don't recall happening the first 2 jabs. Forgot to mention in my previous reply, the injection site was a bit itchy a couple days after but no rash or anything.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got my third Pfizer shot a few weeks ago. Had fever and weakness for a couple days, but less than for my second dose.
It’s amazing how people react differently to the same thing. In that respect the Covid vaccine is no different than the flu vaccine. I know people who have been laid out for days after a flu vaccine. Neither bothered me in the slightest.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing how people react differently to the same thing. In that respect the Covid vaccine is no different than the flu vaccine. I know people who have been laid out for days after a flu vaccine. Neither bothered me in the slightest.
Yes, this reflects individual differences in immune systems. However, the severity of reaction symptoms doesn't correlate with the degree of protection conferred, which is clearly comforting.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wish they would just make it available to all. I don’t fall into the eligible group but I’ll sure as hell take a booster.
I have some health issues and was contacted by Kaiser to come in early for the first shot, wondering if that will happen this time as well. I'm still not quite 6 months out though.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Wish they would just make it available to all. I don’t fall into the eligible group but I’ll sure as hell take a booster.
Practically, the third Pfizer/BioNtech shot is available to all adults, since the most one may need is self attestation of eligibility. One of the criteria is working in a setting that puts you at increased risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2, which is not a high bar, especially in areas with high prevalence. Besides, nobody is going to check these forms, and some providers may not even request them.

However, it doesn't make much sense to get a third dose before approximately six months, since the level of immunity from the initial two doses is probably still high. In that circumstance, the shot may largely be wasted, and there are still many people who haven't been vaccinated at all.

Vaccination alone won't get us out of this pandemic, though. In addition to high uptake (unlikely in the US because of the anti-vax community), we'll need common sense measures like masking and especially testing. The latter is in a sorry state, especially compared to Europe, where tests are plentiful and cheap or cost-free. Part of the problem is the way the FDA regulates COVID-19 tests as medical devices.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Practically, the third Pfizer/BioNtech shot is available to all adults, since the most one may need is self attestation of eligibility. One of the criteria is working in a setting that puts you at increased risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2, which is not a high bar, especially in areas with high prevalence. Besides, nobody is going to check these forms, and some providers may not even request them.
Yeah this is what I've heard. I'll most likely try to get one around my 6 month mark from my second dose.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
However, it doesn't make much sense to get a third dose before approximately six months, since the level of immunity from the initial two doses is probably still high. In that circumstance, the shot may largely be wasted, and there are still many people who haven't been vaccinated at all.
As mentioned above, I had my 3rd jab ahead of the 6 month mark. Both my Cardiologist & Rheumatologist felt strongly I should do so. Being immunosuppressed in combination with other health issues, I'm grateful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2