Texas

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Even if the shooter’s threat assessment seems justified to the shooting to some people, I guarantee if the BLM protester shot the other guy in an equal assessment he’d still be sitting in prison with no pardon in sight. Right wing political violence will be rewarded or forgiven by Republicans whenever possible.
of course t he parole board was all appointed by abbot.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
A nice summary of events posted on The Bulwark about the man Abbott just pardoned.

"In the summer of 2020, a Texas man named Daniel Perry was watching the Black Lives Matter protests unfolding across the country with a sense of deep rage. “I might go to Dallas to shoot looters,” he texted one friend. “I might have to kill a few people on my way to work they are rioting outside my apartment complex,” he wrote to another. “No protesters go near me or my car.”

A few weeks later, Perry drove his car into a crowd of people at a Black Lives Matter march in Austin, Texas, running a red light with tires screeching, leaning on his horn, and nearly hitting several. As several protesters angrily punched the car that had nearly hit them, another marcher, Garrett Foster, walked up to Perry’s car window to speak with him. Foster was legally carrying a rifle. Perry shot him five times."

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Republicans are heading towards this civil war they keep talking about, but I think its going to be amongst themselves. None of what they're doing is shaping up well for them. None of it. Their investigations in congress, the officials who comprise the party, their agendas, their never-ending groveling to Trump... its all bad, getting worse.
A nice summary of events posted on The Bulwark about the man Abbott just pardoned.

"In the summer of 2020, a Texas man named Daniel Perry was watching the Black Lives Matter protests unfolding across the country with a sense of deep rage. “I might go to Dallas to shoot looters,” he texted one friend. “I might have to kill a few people on my way to work they are rioting outside my apartment complex,” he wrote to another. “No protesters go near me or my car.”

A few weeks later, Perry drove his car into a crowd of people at a Black Lives Matter march in Austin, Texas, running a red light with tires screeching, leaning on his horn, and nearly hitting several. As several protesters angrily punched the car that had nearly hit them, another marcher, Garrett Foster, walked up to Perry’s car window to speak with him. Foster was legally carrying a rifle. Perry shot him five times."

Literally got away with murder. Man, the family of the victim, it’s like spitting in their face.

Unfortunately, I’m sure this racist Wild West lunatic probably imagined shooting a black person, but he was willing to get his fix however. It’s why I’m not a gun nut - I put my chances at 50/50 whether I’m armed or not. So I’ll let the lunatics do what they do and try to stay out of the melee.

This stuff is good for nobody, including the gun nuts or anti-BLM racists, even if they view it as a victory.

Top Bottom
1 2