2024 Chevy Silverado EV

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
New Silverado E revealed today, nothing too surprising, a lot of the same features as the F-150 Lightning. Apparently the design is a bit "controversial", I think it looks fine (resembles a Honda Ridgeline). 400 mile range option, tows 10K, the worst part are the delivery estimates and the initial price.

The RST Long Range, First Edition is scheduled for fall of '23, and has a price tag of $105K. That's partly top-of-the-line + early availability. There's also a Work Truck flavor, which is a really stripped down model for, well, work. They're saying spring '23, but no pricing.

After those initial models, they'll go into production on all the models in between, have some lower end consumer versions (with smaller batteries), that I suspect will be in the $50K-60K range.

I almost reserved one for no reason really, but it's only $100 :D

2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV specs​

• Expected GM-estimated 400-mile range on a full charge offered on Work Truck (WT) and RST
  • Up to 664 horsepower with more than 780 lb-ft of torque in available max power Wide Open Watts Mode on RST, enabling a GM-estimated 0-60 mph time of less than 4.5 seconds
  • Standard DC fast charging (up to 350kW) on WT and RST
  • Up to 10.2kW of offboard power on WT and RST with optional equipment
  • Up to 10,000 pounds of maximum trailering with up to 1,300 pounds of payload on RST. WT will offer 8,000 pounds of towing and 1,200 pounds of payload. After initial launch, Chevrolet will introduce a fleet model with up to 20,000 pounds max trailering with the max tow package

The flagship RST First Edition includes:​

• Automatic Adaptive Air Suspension
  • Multi-Flex Midgate that expands the truck’s cargo capability while maintaining seating for a rear row passenger
  • Available Multi-Flex Tailgate with power release
  • Large, 17-inch-diagonal LCD freeform infotainment screen paired with a neighboring 11-inch-diagonal reconfigurable driver instrument display and a multi-color driver head-up display with a field of view over 14 inches
  • Trailering-capable Super Cruise, the industry’s first true hands-free driver- assistance technology, allowing drivers to travel hands-free on more than 200,000 miles of compatible roads across the U.S. and Canada

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
I like the looks. I still think I would go Cybertruck if I had to choose a truck. For a truck it almost doesn't matter because there is already a crap ton of storage available in the interior, but something I am somewhat disappointed in with Ford/GM when it comes to their EV's is the lack of full utilization of the fact there is no transmission or anything going down the center of the vehicle. Look at the Equinox EV and it has a very traditional car storage setup. If there is anything to copy Tesla for interior design, it is their vast amount of places for storage.

Top Bottom
1 2