AirTag Firmware Update Addresses Stalking Concerns

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

With AirTag Firmware Update 2.0.24, Apple is trying to make it easier for individuals to determine when an unknown AirTag is in their vicinity. The company detailed the following changes:

Enables Precision Finding to help locate an unknown AirTag detected moving with you.
If your iPhone is awake, a notification alerts you when an AirTag that’s separated from its owner is traveling with you and emitting a sound to indicate it has been moved.

While I get the reasoning behind this, it seems like it would also make it easier for thieves locate and discard. I always hide them in my camera bag or luggage for example.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
While I get the reasoning behind this, it seems like it would also make it easier for thieves locate and discard. I always hide them in my camera bag or luggage for example.
That is the main problem with using a gadget for something it is not supposed to be used for.

AirTags work great for tracking lost items. They have been working pretty well for tracking stolen items (and for stalking) too, but that is not what Apple is selling them for.

Top Bottom
1 2