Anti-LGBTQ family who fled to Russia regret decision as locals don't speak English

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
hey I all for the haters of others and the uber christians moving to Russia. Putin can use them as weapon fodder.

A family who fled Canada for Russia to escape so-called LGBTQ ideology now say they regret their decision as locals don't speak English.

Arend and Anneesa Feenstra couldn't stand the "woke" LGBTQ ideology being thrown in their faces everywhere they went in the small, rural town in Ontario, Canada, where they were living. So, the couple packed their bags, grabbed their eight children and moved to Russia, where they hoped things would be better for them.
It remains to be seen, however, whether the family will remain happy in Russia. But Arend seems to think the move was the right decision for them in the long run, as it got the hyper-Christian family away from "left-wing ideology, LGBTQ, trans" and other things they felt their kids should stay away from.

"Canada is not the same country it used to be," Arend said in a press conference, the Mail Online reported. "We didn't feel safe with our children there and for the future." He added: "We wanted to get away from that for our children. But also, for economic reasons, the farming has better opportunities. We felt that Russia was the best."

Arend also believes in Putin and his push to "stand up against Western pressures." The family's move comes just a couple of years after Russia passed a law banning any public displays of support for gay people Arend reportedly received aid from Russian officials who helped the family relocate, and he encouraged other families in Canada and the US to follow suit and come with them, stating that "there's tons of land and opportunity" in the country, specifically for Christians and conservatives like him and his family.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
hey I all for the haters of others and the uber christians moving to Russia. Putin can use them as weapon fodder.

A family who fled Canada for Russia to escape so-called LGBTQ ideology now say they regret their decision as locals don't speak English.

Arend and Anneesa Feenstra couldn't stand the "woke" LGBTQ ideology being thrown in their faces everywhere they went in the small, rural town in Ontario, Canada, where they were living. So, the couple packed their bags, grabbed their eight children and moved to Russia, where they hoped things would be better for them.
It remains to be seen, however, whether the family will remain happy in Russia. But Arend seems to think the move was the right decision for them in the long run, as it got the hyper-Christian family away from "left-wing ideology, LGBTQ, trans" and other things they felt their kids should stay away from.

"Canada is not the same country it used to be," Arend said in a press conference, the Mail Online reported. "We didn't feel safe with our children there and for the future." He added: "We wanted to get away from that for our children. But also, for economic reasons, the farming has better opportunities. We felt that Russia was the best."

Arend also believes in Putin and his push to "stand up against Western pressures." The family's move comes just a couple of years after Russia passed a law banning any public displays of support for gay people Arend reportedly received aid from Russian officials who helped the family relocate, and he encouraged other families in Canada and the US to follow suit and come with them, stating that "there's tons of land and opportunity" in the country, specifically for Christians and conservatives like him and his family.
Hyper-Christian? More like hyper-idiotic. I hope Canada doesn't take them back, though I feel sorry for the kids, as I do for the children of MAGAs and anti-vaxxers.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hyper-Christian? More like hyper-idiotic. I hope Canada doesn't take them back, though I feel sorry for the kids, as I do for the children of MAGAs and anti-vaxxers.
for sure. they did it to be safe is the biggest moronic thing ever. like you can protect your kids from being gay. yes poor kids. but kids have been stuck with such parents forever.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I will gladly vote for any politician - Republican, Democrat or otherwise - who will institute a tax credit and free relocation expenses for any bigot who wants to move to another country. Doesn’t have to be Russia if somewhere else suits your fancy. I’d probably be fine having my taxes raised to help fund this endeavor.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Wow...if they found a small rural town in Ontario too woke, I hope they never visit any modern cities. They may need an epidural.

Feenstra is Dutch, so they likely went to the "Christian Reformed" church in Ontario. Some of them ride horse and buggies to the service - so more than a little behind in the times.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Here's a funny thing. I grew up in Woodburn Oregon. If you Google "Russians Woodburn", you'll find there's a very large community of Russians who left Russia DECADES ago to escape religious persecution. I don't recall the full story, but they left Russia and moved around various parts of the world before settling where they did. My friend's mother actually spoke 5 different languages and worked for the court as a translator.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The dad is walking it all back - by himself, with his wife nowhere to be found. Could be legit. Or he could have had a knock on the door with people strongly “suggesting” he change his tune.

So clearly, it was all a big misunderstanding! 😂

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The dad is walking it all back - by himself, with his wife nowhere to be found. Could be legit. Or he could have had a knock on the door with people strongly “suggesting” he change his tune.

So clearly, it was all a big misunderstanding! 😂

I’ll just get this out of the way now so I don’t have to be bothered when it happens: My thoughts and prayers to his family and I’m really sorry he accidentally fell out of that 10th story window.

Top Bottom
1 2