Anyone using Hulu + Live TV (with DVR)?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm have always been a huge fan of YTTV but this pause/rewind issue has been going on for about a month now and we're about to drop them as a result, funny how much you learn to rely on it.

I will probably end up trying Hulu with Live TV and DVR and would love any feedback on it. The only drawback I can see is that it forces you to bundle in Disney+ even though I've already purchased it for a year.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I found the two services comparable for ease of use although I was slightly inclined towards YTTV for its UI, can't remember why. but I didn't keep either of them for very long, just a month or two each so far with pauses in between, when I couldn't find a better way to access what I had wanted to watch. Didn't have a problem using pause/rewind on the DVR for YTTV but then it was quite awhile back I was last using it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What pause/rewind issue on YTTV?
Yes, I detailed it out here and it's been very frustrating unfortunately.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I have Hulu, but not with the live TV add-on. For local channels, I use an antenna.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I have the Hulu + Live TV. My biggest gripe is that ad-free upgrade is only for some content. Most stuff is great, but some shows force commercials anyway. That's annoying.

I also sometimes have issues with the controls, but that's in Safari on my Mac. Not sure if the Apple TV experience is better or not since I rarely using the main TV these days.

I've been happy with it. If it were up to me, I'd drop the Live TV part. But that's useful to others in the house, so we have it. To be honest, I actually used the "live TV" part twice this week. And that might be the only time I've ever used the live feature. I wait till my stuff is available to stream rather than go live.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve never experienced the pause/rewind issue. (Thank goodness!) I’m still using YTTV, Hulu, and a host of various other streaming services.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What do you use live TV for? And from what I've seen, for the cost of live streaming you might as well just have cable.
The funny thing is, I rarely watch live tv these days. About the only live tv I watch anymore is the occasional MSNBC and the hearings. Everything else is automatically recorded. I haven’t figured out how to watch HBO live using HBOMax. (Is there a way?)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What do you use live TV for? And from what I've seen, for the cost of live streaming you might as well just have cable.
I've seen a significant reduction in cost of ala carte vs cable, particularly in the fact that there are not a bunch of associated (and ever growing hidden) fees. There are also no contracts or hassles, if I want to cut YTTV and move to Hulu, etc. I just click the button online and that's that, good luck doing that with a cable company. The biggest advantage is choosing what you want and how you want it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Hulu lately keeps pestering me to return and try this or that special offer for 3 months with the offers expiring in early October, and when the special rate expires, well yeah back to the usual, which is getting more expensive anyway in early December, they said in the fine print.

Wondering how a 3 month promo starting in early October collides with a rate hike in early December. Do they think we can't do arithmetic if we watch a lot of TV? But it's idle wonderment since I've just ditched auto-renew on a few streaming platforms. Their timing is all wrong!

Must be getting near to a fiscal quarter-end for them, or some kind of ad metrics date.

Top Bottom
1 2