Apple TV and Jon Stewart

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder what Stewart would say that Apple would take issue with.

Edit: Whoops, should have read the article.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner and if there was a completely honest conversation from the beginning this show probably would have never happened.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I feel bad to say it, but I found this show pretty boring. My wife loved it, though.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I feel bad to say it, but I found this show pretty boring. My wife loved it, though.

Honestly I thought the show was perfectly served in the audio podcast format. You don't really need an audience or visuals. I think the live show is a dying format. Jon Oliver grew old on me about a year ago. But in fairness, watching news or news related shows isn't really my thing anymore in general. I'd much rather listen while I'm doing something else like driving, gardening, doing the dishes, burying a body, etc.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Shame on Apple. This may go under the radar, or it could be a bad look for them. If honest social and political commentary was what you wanted, then they found the right guy. If they wanted someone to censor themselves so Apple can sell more phones in China, or doesn't want to talk about the dangers of AI because they've got a team trying to beef up Siri's capabilities and they're spending a lot of money on AI, then they should have shopped for another sitcom or boring drama.

I'm a big Apple fan, but this was a bad move.

Top Bottom
1 2