For All Mankind

U

User 189

I wanted to create a thread for the single purpose of discussing For All Mankind. For those who haven't already watched it, you can find it on Apple TV+ if you're interested. šŸ§‘ā€šŸš€

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I started to watch (the only thing I've seen on Apple TV) but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'm wrong but it appears to be an alternate reality based on real events, so there's no real sci-fi type of twist or anything like that, is that right? It was hard for me to engage because no reality of that time period is particularly interesting. But if I'm missing a revelation that they find aliens or some other cool sci-fi twist let me know.

Bgosh

Reaction score
I also really enjoy it! I really like how they get in the weeds with the ā€œalternate realityā€ themes from tech to historic events and people.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I started to watch (the only thing I've seen on Apple TV) but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'm wrong but it appears to be an alternate reality based on real events, so there's no real sci-fi type of twist or anything like that, is that right? It was hard for me to engage because no reality of that time period is particularly interesting. But if I'm missing a revelation that they find aliens or some other cool sci-fi twist let me know.
This is how it first struck me, however it delves into a space race that continues to putting a base on the Moon and accompanying Cold War tension. Then I got vested in the characters and am enjoying the drama. Just curious how did Man In The High Castle (Amazon Prime) strikes you? Hard core alternate reality which I loved. However note the TV series (TMITHC) really takes the leap as compared to the book that just touches on the idea. :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Apple has renewed it for a 4th season!
Alas Apple has also gone to the one episode per week release schedule. No worries, I just save them up and watch on my 2 per day schedule. This works well for hit and run subscribing, but Iā€™m trying to figure out if I currently have an Apple subscription though some promo.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am 4 episodes into Season 3, what a great show! The Director(s) of this show and cinematics are superb. The life and death sequences are riveting.

For anyone not watching they are on their way to Mars, and one thing that frustrates me is that 50 years after the real Moon landings we have made no substantial further progress with manned exploration. Such things just donā€™t happen in real life as compared to our imaginations. Not helping is that we are not even masters of our own planet. :oops:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully :)

I read about this, fingers crossed and I realize how incredibly expensive this is. You need to have a civilization with as they say, itā€™s shit in one bag. The US is pretty fucked up at this point, hell human beings on Earth in general are a mess.

Iā€™ve lost my youthful enthusiasm were I used to view the human species as going places or even deserves to. And no, I donā€™t hold myself as something special but I can observe. And as a species we (most of us) have to feel comfortable with our situation and live in a manner where we are not trashing our home (the Earth) for short term comfort, control our numbers, and stop killing each other. I no longer think we deserve the stars. And for Capitalism, I donā€™t see it serving the best interests of human beings as a whole, but then the real problem are average human beings, we are ignorant, greedy and selfish, lacking vision, and mostly worried about our personal comfort while lacking the required species vision.

Thatā€™s old age talking. :censored:

Top Bottom
1 2