glitter bombing porch pirates

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I ♥️ Mark Rober. His whole channel is just great stuff.

I watched this last night and couldn't stop thinking, "Why are there so many people who steal things?" ☹️

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I ♥️ Mark Rober. His whole channel is just great stuff.

I watched this last night and couldn't stop thinking, "Why are there so many people who steal things?" ☹️

His squirrel mazes are incredible!

Yeah, theft for some people probably feels like, "Oh, it's no big deal", but to the victim, the item might represent 100s of hours of work, that you may have had to do under duress, while ill, traveling away from family, I don't try to get too jacked up over material things, but it's the underlying costs to my life and time that really pisses me off.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I watched his glitter bomb videos. They are hilarious. I cannot stand people that steal.

Most of the time I will have expensive packages delivered to my job (I have a good relationship with the warehouse folks that get the packages) or just do a UPS location pick up if I can.

The thing that struck me in the videos were the amount of spouses that didn't blink an eye to their partner bringing home a random package they stole. Like lets open it up together. Trash will marry trash I guess.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Amazon must spend a fortune on whatever is involved in replacing lost or stolen packages and they pretty much do it no questions asked. I wonder where recouping that cost comes from.

I once had somebody use my credit card number to buy a $1,000 grill from Lowes online. The bank reversed the charge but when I called Lowes to let them know so they could possibly stop it in shipping the person I talked to sounded like they couldn't care less. It's like it's part of some insurance claim process for them and it's not worth the effort to do anything beyond that.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Amazon must spend a fortune on whatever is involved in replacing lost or stolen packages and they pretty much do it no questions asked. I wonder where recouping that cost comes from.

I once had somebody use my credit card number to buy a $1,000 grill from Lowes online. The bank reversed the charge but when I called Lowes to let them know so they could possibly stop it in shipping the person I talked to sounded like they couldn't care less. It's like it's part of some insurance claim process for them and it's not worth the effort to do anything beyond that.

Yes, I have had amazon packages delivered to the wrong house and amazon will refund or replace no questions asked.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Yes, I have had amazon packages delivered to the wrong house and amazon will refund or replace no questions asked.

I've even had original packages delivered after I reported them lost and already received a replacement and Amazon just told me to keep it and didn't charge me for it, although I assume this type thing probably has a cost ceiling, like that wouldn't happen if I received 2 Mac Pros.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've even had original packages delivered after I reported them lost and already received a replacement and Amazon just told me to keep it and didn't charge me for it, although I assume this type thing probably has a cost ceiling, like that wouldn't happen if I received 2 Mac Pros.
Well it's because AMZ often screws over vendors that they provide "Fulfilled by Amazon" for. There are reports that the sellers have no say in retrieving the delayed packages that eventually become duplicate (unpaid) orders. If it forces the vendors to stop doing business with Amazon, no biggie. They were probably in the cue to be ripped off by the behemoth with a similar service mirroring them anyway.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

Yes same here.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Those people suck, but I think all the police search efforts need to be after fat gus! That squirrel needs to be brought to justice!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yes same here.

Me too, with a fulfillment order on sale of some kitchen gear by a third party, and the original order had apparently just landed on the wrong plane from someplace in the midwest, then later somebody shrugged and threw it on the pile for Syracuse, then it finally got trucked back downstate to a local depot, but Amazon didn't seem to care and told me to keep them both, "no problem".

It figures that the "problem" would turn up as a loss in the third party sellers' books, or that if Amazon had been the seller, that there was plenty beancounting about cost of processing an actual return versus just shipping out another box of the missing whatever. I got a whole extra case of noodle-bowls that way once. To me, twenty-something bucks is not something you overlook, but to them, a shrug and "don't worry, it's on us"...

Top Bottom
1 2