Intel to launch pay-as-you-go CPU features

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fuck everything about this

Glad I stuck with AMD.
First off, THIS IS BULL SHIT! Even though this is hardware related, Join The Soft Rebel Alliance and say NO to the new digital slum lords who wants to normalize picking your pockets. đź‘Ž

Having said that, I have no idea to what I would be subscribing to. Faster speeds, what features as a gamer? Did they substantially drop the upfront price of the CPU to compensate? :mad:

It’s getting out of hand. Recently I update both my password manager ( now Codebook) and my file sync program (now Chronosync) and told the blood suckers to fuck off. This is where a liberal government might pass a law about onerous digital based subscriptions.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
My thoughts on subscription chips and such for ordinary at-home users are probably not printable even in a lightly moderated venue.

I'm fond of tech in general but glad I'll be dead before the only option is whether you want the chips in your skull (or collarbone, or wherever) updated automatically on a monthly basis for free or on demand for an extra five dollars any time except Sunday nights when the servers are being maintained.

Meanwhile I have my ups and downs regarding the dumbing down of assorted Mac OS software that used to offer ordinary users more flexible editing etc options, like the old iTunes did with playlist editing.

As far as a subscription to hardware and the software that goes with it... for personal use... no thanks. I'm now in the category of most personal computing users, whose demands on a computer are pretty light and so can tolerate drift away from state-of-the-art for three to five years without a problem.

Top Bottom
1 2