Jeff Wilcox leaving Apple for Intel

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Wilcox was high up in the CPU team. Before everyone panics, one person moving makes very little difference to a CPU design team, no matter who that person is.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
For sure that and probably a few other items on a wish-list... some time off?

Wondering what kind of restrictions if any would pertain to his new work at Intel in the short run.

Likely no restrictions. It’s california. He just can’t bring trade secrets along with him.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
Before everyone panics, one person moving makes very little difference to a CPU design team, no matter who that person is.
I came over here to mention this, but got beaten to it. This move feels like a gourmet chef giving up his job at a fancy restaurant to go work at McDonalds. Regardless, that means there's a spot open over at Apple's engineering team. I'm half expecting Cmaier to suddenly disappear on us, without explanation, and then Apple announces that a former patent lawyer is now working on the M3.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I came over here to mention this, but got beaten to it. This move feels like a gourmet chef giving up his job at a fancy restaurant to go work at McDonalds. Regardless, that means there's a spot open over at Apple's engineering team. I'm half expecting Cmaier to suddenly disappear on us, without explanation, and then Apple announces that a former patent lawyer is now working on the M3.

LOL. If they want me, I’d take the job in a minute. Pretty sure at this point nobody wants to hire me for a semiconductor job due to me poisoning my resume with law this whole time. I’d probably have to join with some friends and form a company that gets purchased by them :). I do have a bunch of friends and former colleagues over there, but I haven’t bugged any of them for a job.

Top Bottom
1 2