Loki (2021 Disney +)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not when he branches, then he's a totally self-contained new entity, that could grow emotionally, become a hermit, even die. I mean, we're actually seeing new character development that's a 180° change from the “other” Loki.
Yes, he was identical when he split, but from that point would develop differently based on his experiences in this series so he is different from that perspective. I really don’t like that they left the series story unresolved.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It wasn't bad but the whole thing was a bit too cheesy for me. It's hard to make a god of chaos redeemable and I think they tried too hard. IMO the worst one yet.

With that I'm dumping my Disney Plus subscription, their lack of movies and the fact that they make you pay a premium for their movies on top of a monthly fee makes this service not worth it any more.

I do think Winter Soldier and The Mandalorian were both really well done though, if/when we get new seasons I'll probably pick it back up. I'll say that I love the fact that these services are ala carte though, it gives us the freedom to pick and choose so I'm not upset with Disney at all here, just glad I can opt in and out as I please.
I am currently trying to convince my wife to dump Disney +. :)

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I liked the finale and am happy there’ll be a season two. Continuing with the time travel stuff seems like a heavy lift, though.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I liked the finale and am happy there’ll be a season two. Continuing with the time travel stuff seems like a heavy lift, though.
Reasonably expected ending. While I’m not thrilled, I feel it was pretty much the episode needed to conclude this season and set the stage for things to come. Overall really happy with the series. 👍

It broke my heart when you know who didn’t remember you know who. 😭

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He Who Remains- the discussion with him, Loki, and Sylvie was riveting, and I was looking forward to being wowed, but the end was unresolved and unsatisfying.
I found that absolutely terrifying! I was chilled during that entire speech.
It broke my heart when you know who didn’t remember you know who. 😭
Yes!!!

I waited days to watch the finale since I was traveling and didn’t want to watch on my iPad. When I arrived at my mother’s place yesterday she told me to go ahead and watch. I then spent an hour fighting with Disney+ which on her ATV was only playing with German audio. WTF?! It wouldn’t let me sign out either. I wound up deleting the app, reinstalling and logging in with my account. I think she must have signed up for a trial last year, but how it was on German is beyond me.

Anyway, I thought it was well worth the wait and avoiding spoilers.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
On the other hand, Loki is the god of mischief. Can you trust the message?
Loki's status as the god of mischief and propensity to mess with the audience is surely outweighed by Tom Hiddleston's desire to continue participating in and profiting from a lucrative franchise. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the character in the MCU movies, I enjoyed this series, though the branching timelines were sometimes a bit confusing. So I'm looking forward to S2.

The problem with all these <10 episode series, though, is keeping track of when the next season debuts, what streaming service they're on, and which ones I'm subscribed to. I used to think this was bad when I was following Game of Thrones on HBO, but it's gotten worse.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Loki's status as the god of mischief and propensity to mess with the audience is surely outweighed by Tom Hiddleston's desire to continue participating in and profiting from a lucrative franchise. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the character in the MCU movies, I enjoyed this series, though the branching timelines were sometimes a bit confusing. So I'm looking forward to S2.

The problem with all these <10 episode series, though, is keeping track of when the next season debuts, what streaming service they're on, and which ones I'm subscribed to. I used to think this was bad when I was following Game of Thrones on HBO, but it's gotten worse.
Things used to be much more predictable - the networks had the “fall season” and you knew what was coming. With streaming, it seems like the services want to have something “new” all the time, so it’s hard to keep track.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I am sure this doesn’t qualify as a spoiler, because it is so trivial. In one scene, a character was drinking a can of pop (or soda as many like to say). The drink was “Josta,” which was a short-lived product from the 1990’s. I recall it very well.

During a spring break when I was in college, I had a lot to catch up on, so I stayed at my fraternity with a handful of others in similar situations instead of going home. A group of marketers showed up in vehicles painted with ads for a new drink: Josta! With Guarana! They had hundreds of cases of the drink, but they showed up at a nearly empty campus. They must have been told to give it all away, so after surveying the situation, they gave it all to our fraternity and the one next door to us. We all drank Josta for months….

Top Bottom
1 2