New Lightroom Classic Denoise with amazing results in just a few steps

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just released after a few days I've found it to be invaluable, salvaging photos that were otherwise destined for the trash. This uses AI and while I"m not a fan of it in general it definitely has its uses when it comes to cleaning things up.

So here's an example of before and after, showing the power of this feature:

Image as shot in RAW (DNG) right out of the camera.
Greenshot 2023-05-01 06.45.04.png

Cranked exposure and shadows all the way, added white and clarity (and a ton of noise along with it).
Greenshot 2023-05-01 06.45.51.png

Applied Denoise as shown.
Greenshot 2023-05-01 06.46.32.png

The end result.
Greenshot 2023-05-01 06.47.07.png

Last edited:

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
i haven't really tried this yet but it's getting good reviews everywhere, so happy to have it in the arsenal when i need it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
i haven't really tried this yet but it's getting good reviews everywhere, so happy to have it in the arsenal when i need it.
For me this is a game changer, I'm going back through old photos that I thought never recoverable and working with them again. Fortunately I'm a digital hoarder lol.

Spike

Writer, photographer
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
It works really well. It's not just old photos that had noise problems, it's old photos that had the old noise reduction applied that can benefit.

mack

Reaction score
It's worked great every time I tried it, and came out just in time! I updated Lightroom the day before the aurora was (barely) visible from here! Normally for astrophotography I end up taking lots of photos and stacking them to reduce noise, but this seemed to do a good enough job with single images that I was able to make a Timelapse instead! Before I realized the new denoise was a separate button I tried it with the old noise reduction, and the difference was huge. The individual frames here were all taken at ISO 12,800.

199A6785-Enhanced-NR_1_1.gif

Top Bottom
1 2