No M2 MBP's in Q1 2023 (but Digitimes is the only source.....)

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
This is Digitimes, so it probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but there's no "Consolidated M2 rumors" thread.

Digitimes says 14" & 16" M2 MBPs will not be released in Spring 2023 (they don't say when they willl be released). They're also saying Apple expects Spring 2023 MBP sales to be 40%–50% lower that quarter than in Fall 2022. Usually the drop is 10%–20%, so I'm wondering if the prediction of the larger drop is partly because it's anticipated many buyers will choose to wait for the M2.

Digitimes is behind a paywall, so this comes from 9to5mac (it's also been covered by other Apple rumor reposters like MR).

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is Digitimes, so it probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but there's no "Consolidated M2 rumors" thread.

Digitimes says 14" & 16" M2 MBPs will not be released in Spring 2023 (they don't say when they willl be released). They're also saying Apple expects Spring 2023 MBP sales to be 40%–50% lower that quarter than in Fall 2022. Usually the drop is 10%–20%, so I'm wondering if the prediction of the larger drop is partly because it's anticipated many buyers will choose to wait for the M2.

Digitimes is behind a paywall, so this comes from 9to5mac (it's also been covered by other Apple rumor reposters like MR).

Their rumor track record ain’t great, so I’ll wait for someone else to back that up.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
In the meantime, already having gotten tired of waiting and then realizing that there were not going to be any new 14" or 16" MBPs in the autumn of 2022, I went ahead and got what I wanted and needed. Now Apple can dawdle all they want, I'm good to go for a while again with something which fits my needs quite nicely!

Top Bottom
1 2