Order your free test kits now

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone was a little lazy on the backend.
It's the USPS. I still can't get Informed Delivery and had to put down a fictitious "apartment" number for our house when I moved in a dozen years ago with a promise fix for misdirected mail still not implemented. Then again, I live in Queens, New York where we have Avenue, Road, Street, Place and Drive causing deliveries can go to any one of those on a regular basis. And forget about the dashes with our 5-digit house numbers.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Just placed my order now, and no problem with the condo unit number and such, so they may have fixed that issue. We'll see if the package actually shows up as promised.

Anyone know if there is an expiration date on these tests? I am not planning to use one unless and until I actually might fall ill with symptoms suggesting that I've developed the virus. It could be a while (or hopefully never). It would be too bad if say six weeks from now I became ill and decided to administer the test and then saw that they were all expired and therefore no good. Hope that doesn't happen!

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
@Clix Pix, we have a few at home tests, and they show both the production date and the expiration date. If I recall, the difference between the two is about 10 months or so, and our at home tests expire late this year.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
Thank you! That is reassuring. Hopefully ten months or a year from now we'll be out of the woods with this whole pandemic thing.....
giphy.gif

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just placed my order now, and no problem with the condo unit number and such, so they may have fixed that issue. We'll see if the package actually shows up as promised.

Anyone know if there is an expiration date on these tests? I am not planning to use one unless and until I actually might fall ill with symptoms suggesting that I've developed the virus. It could be a while (or hopefully never). It would be too bad if say six weeks from now I became ill and decided to administer the test and then saw that they were all expired and therefore no good. Hope that doesn't happen!

There are expiration dates. My company uses rapid tests that use basically the same technology as the COVID tests in drug testing. Out of curiosity I have tested expired rapid immunoassay tests and they usually continue to provide accurate results well past their expiration date- probably not the best thing to do for a medical test, I wouldn’t recommend unless you have no other options. Oftentimes expiration dates limited by the amount of time the company devoted to that research or a way to make more money by having as short of a shelf life as reasonably possible.

I have found that the Abbott BinaxNOW tests have the longest shelf life- usually around 10-12 months from purchase. The iHealth tests are around 6 months from purchase. On/Go aka CareStart are like 4 months, which is kinda disappointing.

Hopefully the current chaos will have largely passed by then.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Turns out the one sister with a problem was caused by her husband already ordering test kits. So it was accurate: someone already ordered for the specific address.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Here in the U.K. no limits on how many tests you order per address. Mrs AFB and I have both ordered tests on the same day. I think you have to wait 24 hours before you can order another set. They come in a packet of 7. I just use them as when I’ve been working away from home and quarantine myself from Mrs AFB until I know I’m clear.

Top Bottom
1 2