Status
Not open for further replies.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Solutions
How time flies!

(I was going to add a photo, but it keeps telling me it's too big!)

For sharing on the web I usually size my images at 1800x1800 pixels; large enough to get a decent view, yet not so large that it overwhelms the server of the site I'm putting it on. By setting it at 1800x1800 pixels the longest side will be 1800 and the shorter side will fall naturally into whatever size it is proportionately.

Shot this yesterday -- icy "spider":

Icy Spider.jpeg

How time flies!

(I was going to add a photo, but it keeps telling me it's too big!)
I get that a lot here. Then it shrinks my photo down. Look at the shot above compared to the same image at the other place.

For sharing on the web I usually size my images at 1800x1800 pixels; large enough to get a decent view, yet not so large that it overwhelms the server of the site I'm putting it on. By setting it at 1800x1800 pixels the longest side will be 1800 and the shorter side will fall naturally into whatever size it is proportionately.

View attachment 3258
looks like a neuron:

1612216229114.png

OOh, I like that!!!! Yeah, it sure does!!! Always interested in medical stuff, I'm kinda chuffed that my little image looks like a neuron!!!!! :)

I get that a lot here. Then it shrinks my photo down. Look at the shot above compared to the same image at the other place.
Unlike at MR, here you have to click on the image to make it bigger to view.....and maybe again a second time as well in order to get it to the size at which you had initially posted it. Eric can explain this better than I can!

OOh, I like that!!!! Yeah, it sure does!!! Always interested in medical stuff, I'm kinda chuffed that my little image looks like a neuron!!!!! :)
It's never an accident. Probably the same principles organized your icy spider as the dendrites of a neuron.

Mother Nature is surprisingly consistent in so many ways, isn't she?

Today's photo treat: the geese were swimming around in the areas of the lake that weren't icy and lovely large snowflakes started coming down so I hustled myself and the camera out to the deck:

Snowing on the Geese.jpeg

Although I took a few shots yesterday I didn't get around to editing them until this morning. Time for a change from the geese, eh?

Gold Nuggets in a Sea of Blue.jpeg

View attachment 3258
I was thinking about this the other day. All these three pictures share the same phenomenon: material branching out in a fractal pattern to interface with their surroundings in the most cost-efficient fashion. Truly remarkable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back