PSA: "Beautiful Desolation" Adventure/RPG free giveaway for 72 hours.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
Despite claims among some hardcore PC gamers that the Mac has zero computer games, if you prefer playing RPGs, Adventure, Simulation, or Strategy, these titles are plentiful on the Mac. Personally, I prefer isometric turn-based RPGs, and 100% of the titles that I am interested in have a Mac native version. Along those lines, my favorite digital games merchant, GOG, currently has the Adventure/RPG "Beautiful Desolation" as its 72 hour freebie available for those with an account. RPGs are not, in fact, rare on the Mac, but having one that was released just two years ago being made available for free is. I had considered purchasing this game in the past, but never got around to it. GOG made this decision easy for me by releasing it for free.

To claim this offer, log into your GOG account, or create one for free if you don't already have one. On the main page, scroll down half way and locate the "Yes, and claim the game" link and click it while logged into your account. Then you can install it using GOG Galaxy or download the entire install file under the "Extras" menu inside GOG Galaxy. GOG is the only major online digital games store that is completely DRM-free, so I support them whenever possible, as they do us gamers a great service by intentionally avoiding invasive DRM. The giveaway ends Monday, so if you are interested, it's best to add it to your library, sooner rather than later.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
For anyone who may want to take a nostalgia trip, all the way back to 1992, GOG is now offering Flashback as its freebie for the next three days. It's compatible with any Mac capable of running High Sierra. While not exactly the most demanding title, such as those featuring ray tracing and upscaling, it's difficult to beat free, and more Mac compatible games are always welcome. Flashback must have been popular, because it started out on the Amiga, but made its way to many different platforms, including 3DO and Phillips' CD-i.

Top Bottom
1 2