Southern Baptist Convention Votes To Oppose IVF As Not 'God-Honoring'

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
The Southern Baptist Convention passed a resolution Wednesday opposing the use of in vitro fertilization to conceive children, suggesting it is not a “God-honoring” process and that the U.S. government should thus work to “restrain” it.
The move is notable amid the ongoing right-wing war against reproductive health care. Since the rightward-leaning Supreme Court abolished nationwide abortion rights two years ago, conservatives have sought to limit access to medication that helps prevent pregnancies and medication that helps end them, even though the drugs have long been shown to be safe and effective.

Remember, ladies. You're as free as any American, but always keep in mind that your womb belongs to the state.

my beautiful, sarcastic, brainiac daughter, now in high school, is the product of IVF. It took several rounds. I’d gladly flush a million embryos down the toilet if the end result is my little girl.

My god said he doesn’t give a crap about IVF one way or the other.

So who’s god is right and how do we figure it out? I have as much evidence for my belief as they do theirs, after all

Back