JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
On behalf of many of us

colbert-report-stephen-colbert.gif

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Sure, they claim that any data they can turn over is completely anonymized, but I for one would never trust any app promoting astrology…

It's no coincidence that the length of your menstrual cycle exactly matches the waxing and waning of the moon.​

Harness your inner cosmic energy with Stardust, an app that integrates science, astronomy and artificial intelligence to connect your hormonal cycle with the cycles of larger celestial bodies: the stars, planets, sun, and moon.​

Bullshit.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Panem!

It cracks me up how the party of freedom continues to take freedoms from people. Do they think they'll be safe in the end? LOLZ They fail to realize that eventually they'll come for them too.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Does this offer anything over the built in tracking in Apple Health? Is there any big reason to use this instead? From what I know Apple Health data is very secure. Just don't let 3rd party apps access that data if they hook into HealthKit.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They have updated it again. And they say they will only do so if required by law (and, of course, that it’s anonymized.)

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
so they braged about doing it and now they are backing down? man are they trump?

Where did they brag about doing it? Having read the article, it looks like all they did was make a change to the legalese in their privacy policy. That doesn’t seem like bragging.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to Panem!

It cracks me up how the party of freedom continues to take freedoms from people. Do they think they'll be safe in the end? LOLZ They fail to realize that eventually they'll come for them too.

By small government they mean they’re going to set up tiny governmental branches in every woman’s uterus. They acknowledge the potential for the confusion but feel they’ve cleared things up now.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Where did they brag about doing it? Having read the article, it looks like all they did was make a change to the legalese in their privacy policy. That doesn’t seem like bragging.
well nut brag really but they sure made it noticeable.
It’s also one of very few apps that has put in writing that it will voluntarily—without even being legally required to—comply with law enforcement if it’s asked to share user data.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
well nut brag really but they sure made it noticeable.
It’s also one of very few apps that has put in writing that it will voluntarily—without even being legally required to—comply with law enforcement if it’s asked to share user data.

I guess if you’re the sort of person who likes reading walls of legal text in privacy policies, then it was noticeable. I don’t think most people fall into that category.

The only thing that was weird is they put in the “whether or not” language. They could have just omitted it entirely and it would have had the same legal effect. So some junior lawyer somewhere did something dumb. But the notion that the company was bragging or waving this around seems a little misplaced.

mr_roboto

Site Champ
Reaction score
The Party that thinks the government is tracking them with vaccines is ok with the government tracking women through period apps lol

They really can't see the monster they have created.
I think you underestimate them. The hypocrisy is a feature, not a bug. Fascists do not care about moral or intellectual consistency, they care only about acquiring more power, and using it to inflict pain and violence on those who oppose them, or have been identified as an outgroup to be punished.

Top Bottom
1 2