The Madonna Like A Prayer bass line appreciation thread

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I come from a long proud lineage of rock/blues/metal/industrial appreciation in my circles and as such you tend to blow off pop music, but any musician can appreciate good groove. Sometimes you just need to be forced to listen to it, as is the case in this bass line throughout the song and especially during breakdown of the second half.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
One of her better songs. Watching her in this vid makes me feel things. Tough to be a Gen Xer and not have the hots for Madonna back then.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's one of the greatest pop songs of the 80s, from one of the greatest pop albums of the 80s, both easily Top 20, yeah, that base line, the beautiful use of the chorus, and wow, did it have something to say, lyrically and that glorious video that pissed off so many people :D

Goport

Power User
Reaction score
... and especially during breakdown of the second half.

Guy Pratt is a monster player. And very funny too.

He co-hosts a very good podcast series, Rockonteurs, which is a series of fairly lighthearted interviews. Mainly brit-centric but theres a good few names from the US in the series and there's about 90 1-hour+ episodes. Worth checking out if you like his sense of humour.

Top Bottom
1 2