Wells Fargo fires employees caught doing fake work

Yoused

up
Solutions

I had never heard of mouse jigglers before, but if they allow the person to go somewhere else, leaving an unlocked screen, that sounds like a security hazard. Still, a company going all amazonanal about employee activity minutae seems excessive. Especially an enormous company like WF which has all kinds of losses built into their budget.

Well, if their mouse stunt cost the company a few hundred million (or crashed the economy), they may qualify for a severance package worth at least eight figures, maybe nine.

However, if these are regular, underpaid workers who just slacked off, I think a swift firing from their $40,000 a year job is more appropriate. A promotion and undeserved tens of millions of dollars are for the people who screw everything up and don’t know what they’re doing, not lazy foot soldiers of no consequence.

Well, if their mouse stunt cost the company a few hundred million (or crashed the economy), they may qualify for a severance package worth at least eight figures, maybe nine.

However, if these are regular, underpaid workers who just slacked off, I think a swift firing from their $40,000 a year job is more appropriate. A promotion and undeserved tens of millions of dollars are for the people who screw everything up and don’t know what they’re doing, not lazy foot soldiers of no consequence.

Jebus, if there ever was a better example of Poe's law than this, I don't know what it is. :)

To quote George Costanza after he had sex with the cleaning lady in his office: "Was that wrong? I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon…"

Back