Will this be the new TV model going forward?

U

User.191

I was excited when I first heard about CBS launching some Star Trek shows. But soon after, it became clear they would offer them only on “CBS All Access” which is now “Paramount+”

You pay for it, but they still put ads on it. They surely love the eyeballs they get from being a broadcast channel, but if they can charge you $6 a month and still get ad revenue, well they are gonna do it.

I think moving cable shows to streaming services is good for consumers; you don‘t need to buy 50 channels if you only watch two of them. Moving broadcast TV shows that could previously be watched OTA is not. And with these massive “Plus” streaming services, you are once again paying for a lot of stuff you will never watch.
I picked up their bundle deal at the start of the year - I pay for Paramount+ and get Showtime free through AppleTV.

Interestingly though, unlike other bundles, I can also apparently use the separate apps in addition to the AppleTV app.

U

User.191

That show really took a dive... but the original intro from the original show will always be a classic!

Oh boy, I still remember sneaking a few episodes in growing up. I was considered 'too young' to watch it when it was first on on ITV in the UK, but I do remember watching a few every now and then.

One of the all time best starting credits.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I picked up their bundle deal at the start of the year - I pay for Paramount+ and get Showtime free through AppleTV.

Interestingly though, unlike other bundles, I can also apparently use the separate apps in addition to the AppleTV app.

Yeah, we recently started Paramount+, got it through Amazon (vs. direct), and the "channels" are available in Prime, but I also authenticate the standalone app (you kind of link it to Amazon like you would a cable provider).

Top Bottom
1 2