X (Twitter) threatens hate speech researchers

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I don’t think the original letter has been published yet. Allegedly X is threatening the researchers for publishing papers that say that Twitter has not done much to address hate speech.

I would imagine that X’s lawyers would advise that such a lawsuit would be an opportunity for discovery into just what is going on over there, and so no such lawsuit would be filed. But it would be interesting if the researchers filed a suit for declaratory judgment…

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I don’t think the original letter has been published yet. Allegedly X is threatening the researchers for publishing papers that say that Twitter has not done much to address hate speech.

I would imagine that X’s lawyers would advise that such a lawsuit would be an opportunity for discovery into just what is going on over there, and so no such lawsuit would be filed. But it would be interesting if the researchers filed a suit for declaratory judgment…
plus this will kick off the streisand effect

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Great headline:

”Twitter Threatens to Sue Hate Speech Researchers as It Unbans Kanye West”​

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well, I think they threaten anyone with the banhammer for saying "Karen", or "Ellno Musk".
space-karen.jpg

mr_roboto

Site Champ
Reaction score
I would imagine that X’s lawyers would advise that such a lawsuit would be an opportunity for discovery into just what is going on over there, and so no such lawsuit would be filed.
About that... the guy X's lawyers are advising is Elon Musk, and the whole reason he's in this mess is that he didn't listen to counsel before signing a completely ironclad M&A contract which locked him into buying Twitter while waiving all rights to due diligence. Impulse control is not a thing he has a lot of!

So what I'm saying is that we may get some juicy discovery out of this.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
There is something wrong with Musk. He’s not normal, and not in an eccentric way. He seems like an evil genius plotting something, or a jock who doesn’t deserve his money and thinks stirring up political tension and violence is fun, to make his friends laugh.

I’m not buying his free speech patriot schtick, especially with not only the way he has handled himself with Twitter/X and his trigger-bans, but also the algorithms on the platform and how they work.

Top Bottom
1 2