First Biden-Trump 2024 Debate set for June 27 on CNN

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This moved fast. Biden released a campaign video challenging Trump, Trump responded in the affirmative, Biden said CNN made the offer, Trump accepted. So its supposedly set.

It almost seemed orchestrated and playing out in real-time. Are the Biden and Trump campaigns in collusion with each other? šŸ•µļøā€ā™‚ļø

Anyways, I'll tune out if either starts talking non-stop over the other. How sad we probably won't even see a handshake, and there will only be on person one stage responsible for that.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Does June 27th seem early to anyone? Aren't the debates usually done AFTER the conventions?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Does June 27th seem early to anyone? Aren't the debates usually done AFTER the conventions?
Yes, it's historically early, AFAIK. I think that's because in this case it's almost a given that Biden and Trump will be the nominees, so the conventions will be mere formalities.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah, I forgot to post the article which addresses it. Oops! šŸ˜‚

It gives some insight into his thought process regarding the polls.

I don't think he's truly in denial or he wouldn't be pushing for debates. Trump has historically been the one who is underestimated and he's showing a commanding lead, not sure how Biden turns this around but any Democrat who thinks he has it in the bag right now is not paying attention.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's truly in denial or he wouldn't be pushing for debates. Trump has historically been the one who is underestimated and he's showing a commanding lead, not sure how Biden turns this around but any Democrat who thinks he has it in the bag right now is not paying attention.
It boggles my mind that people think a old Criminal is better that the old Guy. Anyone paying attention to a Trump rally should see an unhinged, demential setting, racist.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I don't think he's truly in denial or he wouldn't be pushing for debates.

I wonder about that also. But why say it if you don't mean it? And it doesn't seem like it is just something he said given the campaign hasn't walked it back.

So was he saying it for the benefit of donors? Let's face it, there is only so many dollars to go around between the races and he probably isn't wanting donors to move their money to Congressional races.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sadly, the only way we'll know is after election day.

That said, there are so many unknowns. A sitting president and a former president facing off, doesn't happen often. A president sitting in a tawdry criminal trial, and facing several other state and federal felony indicments. People tired of old guys, yet Trump set the oldest president record, Biden broke it, and if whoever wins will break it again.

The third-party alternative to these two is another old white guy in his 70's who sounds like he snacks on glass shards.

I'm afraid any analysis of the polls will have to be done after elections day. And with six months to go, there can be wild swings.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Campaigning has been creeping earlier and earlier. Itā€™s like when Home Depot starts putting out Christmas decorations before Halloween is even over. I believe some countries give you 2 months before the election and no sooner, the way it should be. Politicians here will be the first to tell you they spend 60% of their time begging for money for their reelection campaign or the party and thatā€™s year around.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The third-party alternative to these two is another old white guy in his 70's who sounds like he snacks on glass shards.

I'd vote for Bernie Sanders in a heartbeat if he were running.

82 years old, tack sharp, boundless energy, loads of legislative experience in both the House and Senate, fit, a ton of wit, and an ex-boxer.

Would be fun watching him f with trump in a debate.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd vote for Bernie Sanders in a heartbeat if he were running.

82 years old, tack sharp, boundless energy, loads of legislative experience in both the House and Senate, fit, a ton of wit, and an ex-boxer.

Would be fun watching him f with trump in a debate.

Summary of Sanders vs Trump debate

Sanders: The top 1% have 90% of the money which is why 70% of Americans have 0% in their savings account.

Trump: Me! This is the worst country on earth and I hate it. Me!

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
NYT opinion piece about Biden advisors' motivations for the debate:

"Tens of millions of dollars of advertising has not changed President Bidenā€™s polling deficit. Donald J. Trumpā€™s criminal trial has not altered the raceā€™s trajectory. And Mr. Bidenā€™s significant cash and infrastructure advantages have yet to pay political dividends." ...

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The most recent Fox News poll had Trump - 49, Biden - 48.

This is a tie, and it will be until after the votes are counted, and someone will get one or two percent more.

Six months out really tells us nothing, there are so many people tuned out to this nonsense, and its easy to ignore both candidates.

As for the debate, I wonder how Trump's inane nonsense will land with no applause or cheers afterwards.

"Jimmy Connors was the worst president until Nikki Haley came along! Who's ever heard of Hannibal Lecter? The late, great Hannibal Lecter."

Somehow, when the journalists need to let us know he meant Jimmy Carter and Joe Biden, its not seen as dementia.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Not surprising.

Trump is gaslighting his people - not hard to do - to accept everything except the results, unless he wins. How people can't see how blatantly obvious it is that his whole game is "good for me = its ok, bad for me = corruption, liars, criminals, witch hunts, anti-white racism", etc.

He can't lose because he has big rallies. If Biden loses the debate, its because Trump is great and he has dementia. If Biden wins, its more proof of how scared they are of Trump - they had to rig the debate in Biden's favor!

On and on and on.

One thing to lookout for, if I were Trump, I'd be careful in how I were to criticize Biden before the debate. Trump is going to set a really low bar for Biden that he can easily jump over, just like the SOTU speech. If republicans go around saying Biden has already lost and Trump is going to decimate him, Biden is going to appear stronger just for sitting upright and discussing policy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2