AirDrop Hit and Miss

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Solutions
Main Camera
Sony
Instagram
Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue, I regularly use AirDrop to transfer videos from my mac to iPhone and I would say more than half of the time it fails and I have to resend. Not sure if it's network interference or something else but it can be quite frustrating.

For myself (this is generally iPhone to iPhone), I’ve never had it fail for small transfers but I’ve had it fail for large transfers, especially if one particular video was huge rather than just all the photos/videos were big in aggregate (eg I just sent a bunch photos and videos but it failed on sending a 17min long video - sending the rest was okay but it took multiple tries to send that one). Sometimes it has trouble seeing the other device to even choose the option to get started, especially after a failure.

Would sending yourself a message be an alternative? I do that frequently for photos.

Would sending yourself a message be an alternative? I do that frequently for photos.
Not really because the files I'm sending are usually in excess of 300 MB. I get it may be slow while transferring but it just hangs, so I have to restart until it goes, then it only takes a few seconds.

Back