Amazon reportedly interested in buying Peloton

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Makes sense. Strong brand equity but rapidly slowing growth, tech could be improved by Amazon, possibly new / bundled subscription model - and another competitive front vs. Apple.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Some are saying this would be a better fit for Apple with their focus on fitness. Plus it fits their whole premium product ethos.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Some are saying this would be a better fit for Apple with their focus on fitness. Plus it fits their whole premium product ethos.

Both companies could buy it with couch cushion change.

i think Amazon would allow more openness in allowing 3rd party workouts, where I think Apple would turn them into a new locked-down revenue source for the App Store.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Both companies could buy it with couch cushion change.

i think Amazon would allow more openness in allowing 3rd party workouts, where I think Apple would turn them into a new locked-down revenue source for the App Store.

I think Apple would add (maintain?) an air of quality, Amazon not so much.

Plus who wants to be constantly bombarded by ads for products on Amazon during a workout (or just pay $100 (annually) to have that feature turned off!)

Regardless, it would probably be good to see more third party app options integrated regardless of who buys them.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I would hate Apple buying Peloton to nickle and dime everything.....increase your cycling resistance for just $10 per session. 2 knob turns to the left? $10!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I would hate Apple buying Peloton to nickle and dime everything.....increase your cycling resistance for just $10 per session. 2 knob turns to the left? $10!

Heck, I figure they'd make the subscription pricing along the lines of other services, or even throw it into the existing Apple Fitness plan since they'd get a ton of new people.

And more news from earlier:

Top Bottom
1 2