Any pizzaiolo’s here?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Looks good. :)

But I have never been a fresh mozzarella fan. Wife likes it, but I prefer a bitier cheese like a provolone blend.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
pizza night. five hours rise on the counter. will make 2 @ 12-14” pizzas. (eta really they are 14-15”)

image.jpg

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Anyone use a white sauce or alfredo? The offspring is allergic to tomato's so we want to be able to make her pizza when she comes home for her birthday in a couple of weeks.

She gets what she calls white pizza with chicken at school and thinks it is some kind of alfredo but isn't sure. And not sure if any alfredo will work.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Anyone use a white sauce or alfredo? The offspring is allergic to tomato's so we want to be able to make her pizza when she comes home for her birthday in a couple of weeks.

She gets what she calls white pizza with chicken at school and thinks it is some kind of alfredo but isn't sure. And not sure if any alfredo will work.

To be allergic to tomatoes, wow. Didn't realize there was such allergy. I feel badly for your daughter!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
To be allergic to tomatoes, wow. Didn't realize there was such allergy. I feel badly for your daughter!

And onions, but she doesn't like them anyway. :)

She can eat tomatoes if they are heavily processed like in BBQ sauce, but not in a raw or sauce. It was an excuse to eat lots of alfredo vs. spaghetti. :)

It wasn't an issue until she was diagnosed with Asthma at age 12. Then it hit her all at once.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So which yeast is everyone using?

My recipe calls for "active dry yeast". But the wife insists that Rapid Rise yeast is better.

Seems that every packet of active dry yeast may not work which is why she thinks Rapid Rise is better. But my recipe calls for mixing in the yeast, sugar and water and then letting it activate. The Rapid Rise package says to mix all dry ingredients together and then let them rise as a whole.

I am working on my dough recipe and want to make small changes and preferably not 2 changes at once. I already want to add extra sugar to help the crust brown, which should also help activate the yeast. So not sure I want to use a different yeast at this juncture or not.

So which one does everyone use? If most are using Rapid Rise I will use it again, but mixing it wet like last time. Otherwise, I will use regular yeast and save the extra sugar for next time.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
If there's any vegans here....look away. :D

The keto pizza I make every so often (the crust is Italian sausage):
Keto_Pizza.jpegKeto_Pizza_Slice.jpeg

And the recipe (no login required)

If anyone here also uses Paprika recipe manager there are some exports of my keto recipes on my google drive - link near the end of the post.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Best pizza so far.

The dough was so much better with the Active Dry vs the Rapid Rise. Still not getting the stone hot enough. Ran the propane for 30 minutes at full and the stone got to 650-675. Plus with it turned up that high, it burns the edges of the pepperoni before the crust browns.

For those with an Ooni, are you running wood or propane?

The wife is meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow night and I will be here alone, so I may give the wood/charcoal a try.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
i don’t have an ooni but once you get the stone hot it will retain heat. i’d drop the temp down a bit once you start baking.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Best pizza so far.

The dough was so much better with the Active Dry vs the Rapid Rise. Still not getting the stone hot enough. Ran the propane for 30 minutes at full and the stone got to 650-675. Plus with it turned up that high, it burns the edges of the pepperoni before the crust browns.

For those with an Ooni, are you running wood or propane?

The wife is meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow night and I will be here alone, so I may give the wood/charcoal a try.

The Koda 16 that I have is propane only.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
So which yeast is everyone using?

My recipe calls for "active dry yeast". But the wife insists that Rapid Rise yeast is better.

Seems that every packet of active dry yeast may not work which is why she thinks Rapid Rise is better. But my recipe calls for mixing in the yeast, sugar and water and then letting it activate. The Rapid Rise package says to mix all dry ingredients together and then let them rise as a whole.

I am working on my dough recipe and want to make small changes and preferably not 2 changes at once. I already want to add extra sugar to help the crust brown, which should also help activate the yeast. So not sure I want to use a different yeast at this juncture or not.

So which one does everyone use? If most are using Rapid Rise I will use it again, but mixing it wet like last time. Otherwise, I will use regular yeast and save the extra sugar for next time.
I’ve not had to use yeast in a while, but I think if I did it would be dry.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
what do you do with your oonis when you aren’t using them? like how do you store them?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
what do you do with your oonis when you aren’t using them? like how do you store them?

Hahaha, who knows ... we just use our oven :D

(It's a convection setup, does a killer job)

Top Bottom
1 2