AOL and Yahoo!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
In a couple years, I hope we will be tossing the rotting carcass of Facebook on that pile!

Hah, whenever I see "AOL" anywhere, the first thing that comes to mind is how handy I found those piles of the stupid CDs they used to mail to everyone on the planet so often back in the 90s. I strung them up with fising line onto tall homebrew racks placed here and there in my garden... the crows and other birds didn't like the shimmery light reflecting off them in the sunshine or the clicking sound the discs made if they collided in a stiff breeze.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I, uh, still have a Yahoo email as my primary. Man, I don’t wanna change it. Although, on a resume, I’d put my iCloud email 😁

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I, uh, still have a Yahoo email as my primary. Man, I don’t wanna change it. Although, on a resume, I’d put my iCloud email 😁

Yes. My Yahoo email is my shopping email. So all the SPAM from people I have bought something from just piles up to never be read. :)

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I still have an Yahoo! email account that I use on a daily basis. It's the primary email for legacy and older accounts (looking at you eBay & Amazon) from when I first went online. Another Yahoo! email account for online chatting, etc. was what I used to contact the hubby in a Yahoo! Group 21-1/2 years ago.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m always taken aback when I see someone still using an AOL email.
One of my best friends still uses an AOL email. She is "retired" but still takes on projects if they intrigue here. I tease her about it all the time. I hated AOL with a deep passion. Too many bad memories as an intern and when we first went online.

Macky-Mac

Power User
Reaction score
I’m always taken aback when I see someone still using an AOL email.

LOL....I've actually tried to stop using it, but in the end it was just easier to keep it.

I don't use it for work, but for shopping, and for friends from decades past who still have my old AOL addy in their contacts list....well it's free, and works, so I've given up on charging it.

Top Bottom
1 2