Apple debuts savings accounts that pay high interest

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I’ve set mine up, and transferred a little money in from my brick and mortar bank (plus Apple Cash). It *looks* like the money transferred in is immediately “available.” Transferring out to your other bank looks like it will take 2 or 3 business days. > 4% interest is obviously pretty impressive.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That's interesting. And a decent rate for a savings account, and similar to what Synchrony Bank offers for liquid money.

Thanks... I'll check it out...

I think US Treasury Bills have pretty decent rates right now, if you're willing to lock up money for various periods (13 to 52 week options).

13 weeks is paying 5.23%

Not taxable by the state is a nice bonus, too.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of discussion about this over at The Other Place. This might be a good option to park funds not needed for day-to-day expenses but that still need to be easily accessible, like other similar accounts. The only thing I dislike about the Apple Card ecosystem is how much has to be done in the Apple Wallet, as opposed to a website.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I think US Treasury Bills have pretty decent rates right now, if you're willing to lock up money for various periods (13 to 52 week options).

13 weeks is paying 5.23%

Not taxable by the state is a nice bonus, too.

It's not technically locked up. Treasuries have a very liquid market. You might lose a little bit of interest, but you can get out.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Elon, that you?

My offendedness is immeasurable and my day is ruined... ;^p
If it were Elon 75% of the site staff would be let go and he would've banned most of the users by now, and by morning he would've taken the site back to code because it just can't function in its current state even though it's been fine for years.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's not technically locked up. Treasuries have a very liquid market. You might lose a little bit of interest, but you can get out.

True. You can always invoke a buy-back.

Top Bottom
1 2