Apple leaker gets caught

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

This is a fascinating story, and the leaker posting on MR was an idiot - announcing that the source was a sibling and announcing who the sibling reported to was not wise. Nor was it wise to discuss dates. Obviously Apple feeds uniquely-identifiable false information to employees all the time, to narrow down the source of leaks. In fact, they do it in multiple stages. 25 people learn some “secret” (which may or may not be true, depending on whether Apple actually wants to leak something) and if it gets out, they know one of the 25 people leaked it. Then they leak different things to those 25 people (maybe the same rumor with different dates, or different clock frequencies, different dimensions, whatever) and when that leaks they know who the culprit is.

It didn’t even occur to me that this wasn’t known - I could swear this has happened before and been reported. And every Apple employee is absolutely terrified to say anything to anyone, because especially the smallest detail could get them caught.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
And if true, then for nothing? I mean why get fired just for this? You gain nothing by simply spreading this kind of stuff on the internet, even when it’s true, or talking to the press. Denizens of the internet learn about something a couple months in advance? Big whoop de do? It makes no sense.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And if true, then for nothing? I mean why get fired just for this? You gain nothing by simply spreading this kind of stuff on the internet, even when it’s true, or talking to the press. Denizens of the internet learn about something a couple months in advance? Big whoop de do? It makes no sense.
My guess is the sibling/apple employee just told the brother/leaker and didn’t know the brother/leaker was leaking? Otherwise it’s just stupid. I mean, it’s stupid either way, but you get my point.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I think his MR account was closed, but his twitter name was analyst941, but the account has been deleted. I think he used the same name on both sites. He has an "anonymous" post up at MR right now refering to that account name.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I think his MR account was closed, but his twitter name was analyst941, but the account has been deleted. I think he used the same name on both sites. He has an "anonymous" post up at MR right now refering to that account name.

Thanks. Haven't been there in awhile. Two more hours to go on my suspension. :)

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
how long was this suspension?

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
My guess is the sibling/apple employee just told the brother/leaker and didn’t know the brother/leaker was leaking? Otherwise it’s just stupid. I mean, it’s stupid either way, but you get my point.
Yeah that’s possible.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Dude WTF? You're like one of the most casual posters I know. JFC, that place is still led by a bunch of huns from the sounds of it.

Apparently I insulted another member who was complaining about the Apple mouse, having difficulty determining which end was the front (vs the back) and this causing the pointer to go in the wrong direction.

I suggested they avail themselves of Apple Genius Bar services for some usage tips.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Apparently I insulted another member who was complaining about the Apple mouse, having difficulty determining which end was the front (vs the back) and this causing the pointer to go in the wrong direction.

I suggested they avail themself of Genius Bar services for some usage tips.
omg...even if you were snarky, that's literally what the genius bar is for.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
omg...even if you were snarky, that's literally what the genius bar is for.

Not meant to be snarky, but trying to inject some levity into what appeared to be characterized as a sky-is-falling Apple fail.

If I had that issue I'd just take a red Sharpie and put a dot on the pointy end. :)

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not meant to be snarky, but trying to inject some levity into what appeared to be characterized as a sky-is-falling Apple fail.

If I had that issue I'd just take a red Sharpie and put a dot on the pointy end. :)
You were being serious about what the problem was? I thought you were exaggerating …

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You were being serious about what the problem was? I thought you were exaggerating …

Not me. The other person had issues with it. I've never had a problem with Apple's wireless mouse.

As Andropov mentioned up above, if the Apple logo is right side up, the mouse is as well.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not me. The other person had issues with it. I've never had a problem with Apple's wireless mouse.

As Andropov mentioned up above, if the Apple logo is right side up, the mouse is as well.
No I understood. I thought you were exaggerating the other person’s problem with the mouse - that they really weren’t seriously predicting the doom of Apple because they couldn’t figure out how to orient the mouse.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Who knows what he fully said.

Is there nothing they won't moderate of there? They make Musk look like a boy scout.
Last edited by a moderator: Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Top Bottom
1 2