Apple leaker gets caught

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
Not meant to be snarky, but trying to inject some levity into what appeared to be characterized as a sky-is-falling Apple fail.
What you have to do is focus on generalizations. It's something that I learned from the obvious trolls. Never address a person, just a topic, then the mods turn into the three wise monkeys.

I can only take MacRumors in limited dosages, and now that I have TechBoards, I really don't give two craps about what happens over there. I'll dip in, sometimes to be serious, other times just for chuckles.

I found a new "crowd pleaser", as you call it, @Citysnaps. We've already got classics such as "Apple is Doomed™" and "Tim Cook needs to be fired". The latest one I discovered is over at the MR Gaming subforum, which is "Mac gaming is dead". This new one fits into a perfect triumvirate:

"Mac gaming is dead, hence Apple is doomed, therefore Tim Cook needs to be fired."

For some unintentional hilarity, I crafted a response. I typically don't concern myself with getting "likes", but apparently I'm not the only one sick of the doomsayers, since I got an unusually positive reaction. It's easy to forget that most of the posters at MacRumors are just average users, who want to discuss their Apple devices, the latest rumors, troubleshoot issues, and generally just enjoy technology. After all, everyone in this forum is from MacRumors. TechBoards exists so that normal people can have a discussion without oppressive, backwards moderation, and be free of the malcontents and ne'er-do-wells that seem to pervade their forum. Still, the doomers only make up a small but vocal minority. I'd say about a half dozen posters in the Gaming subforum, with probably about a dozen in the Mac Pro section, yet they overwhelm everyone else, because they are allowed to run amok completely unchecked by the mods.

So, I posted that missive purely for my own amusement, but considering the reaction, I think I struct a nerve, both with the regular posters, and with the petty purveyors of negativity.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
What you have to do is focus on generalizations. It's something that I learned from the obvious trolls. Never address a person, just a topic, then the mods turn into the three wise monkeys.

I can only take MacRumors in limited dosages, and now that I have TechBoards, I really don't give two craps about what happens over there. I'll dip in, sometimes to be serious, other times just for chuckles.

I found a new "crowd pleaser", as you call it, @Citysnaps. We've already got classics such as "Apple is Doomed™" and "Tim Cook needs to be fired". The latest one I discovered is over at the MR Gaming subforum, which is "Mac gaming is dead". This new one fits into a perfect triumvirate:

"Mac gaming is dead, hence Apple is doomed, therefore Tim Cook needs to be fired."

For some unintentional hilarity, I crafted a response. I typically don't concern myself with getting "likes", but apparently I'm not the only one sick of the doomsayers, since I got an unusually positive reaction. It's easy to forget that most of the posters at MacRumors are just average users, who want to discuss their Apple devices, the latest rumors, troubleshoot issues, and generally just enjoy technology. After all, everyone in this forum is from MacRumors. TechBoards exists so that normal people can have a discussion without oppressive, backwards moderation, and be free of the malcontents and ne'er-do-wells that seem to pervade their forum. Still, the doomers only make up a small but vocal minority. I'd say about a half dozen posters in the Gaming subforum, with probably about a dozen in the Mac Pro section, yet they overwhelm everyone else, because they are allowed to run amok completely unchecked by the mods.

So, I posted that missive purely for my own amusement, but considering the reaction, I think I struct a nerve, both with the regular posters, and with the petty purveyors of negativity.
Your response on MR was a good post, but I made the mistake of continuing to scroll down past it.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Yep. First response had a "You do realize... blah blah blah." Beginning a sentence with a snotty "You do realize..." and I stop reading.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We've already got classics such as "Apple is Doomed™" and "Tim Cook needs to be fired"

The latest assessment of Cook on MR is: "Cook is really no more than a clerk that can read spreadsheets."

I pointed out that in addition to Cook holding an MBA and is also a degreed engineer, he's also head of one of the most successful tech companies in the world, and is taking care of 160,000+ employees with no mass layoffs.

Not bad for a clerk.

throAU

Site Champ
Reaction score
Some people clearly don't know what NDA means.

You work at a company under NDA, you should know that leaking shit to the public (yes that includes family) will get you fired.

And yeah, catching leaks by feeding people unique information is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

throAU

Site Champ
Reaction score
I pointed out that in addition to Cook holding an MBA and is also a degreed engineer, he's also head of one of the most successful tech companies in the world, and is taking care of 160,000+ employees with no mass layoffs.

People forget just how much bigger Apple is now since 2011 when Steve passed away. This isn't Tim just fumbling blindly from year to year - and whilst Steve was responsible for instilling the foundational principles of the company, it is those principles which drive the products, etc. So long as the company continues to follow those guiding principles, they'll be fine.

Top Bottom
1 2