Apple One subscription

U

User 189

Proprietary magnetically attaching charger. It's a glorified Pebble, just worse:(
That's cool. I'm busy enjoying the way my Apple Watch charges. :cool:
1626467192030.png

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
It has different tiers depending on which services you truly need.
View attachment 7188
It fuckin sucks Fitness is top tier. Apple often has my number but these packages just don’t work for me. It’d be cool if things were interchangeable, like on the lowest tier, swap Arcade for Fitness and I’d be stupid not to do it.

U

User.45

It has different tiers depending on which services you truly need.
View attachment 7188
1626468153702.png

Music family is $15.
iCliud 200GB is $3.
I could finish tv+'s relevant content in a 2 months max so I can add $1 for it.

So Family One would cost me $1-2 extra over my needs in exchange for Arcade...
Or $11-12 extra to cover 2TB iCloud plus Fitness, which would also cost my like $60 extra if I bought Apple watches for wife and I. I also I hate working out watching people exercise to shitty music.

They really priced the whole thing perfectly to just make it borderline worth it at best.

U

User.45

It fuckin sucks Fitness is top tier. Apple often has my number but these packages just don’t work for me. It’d be cool if things were interchangeable, like on the lowest tier, swap Arcade for Fitness and I’d be stupid not to do it.
By no accident. Arcade is packaged in all because that's probably the least popular and Music is the highest draw. So music pulls arcade up, and keeps people in with tv+ that failed to take off sufficiently to justify even the $5.

U

User 189

You could purchase Apple Fitness+ separately from Apple One.
By no accident. Arcade is packaged in all because that's probably the least popular and Music is the highest draw. So music pulls arcade up, and keeps people in with tv+ that failed to take off sufficiently to justify even the $5.
From what I can tell, Apple News+ is the least popular, not Apple Arcade.

At the end of the day, it all really just depends on your needs (pick and choose).

Last edited by a moderator:

gollum

Power User
Reaction score
I just signed up, I probably should have waited until the end of the month, just so the payment wouldn't be in the middle of the month. I'm not sold on it yet, but since I was paying 15 dollars a month for just the music, 5 more dollars for more iCloud storage and games on iOS seemed like a no-brainer.

The only issue is that I'm feeling like I need to pair down my subscriptions, its getting out of hand.

gollum

Power User
Reaction score
I watched my first Friday night baseball game last night.
Positives - very polished graphics. Nice running statistics on various elements of the game
Negatives - unpolished and bad announcers, commercials are all apple. Constant Apple ads in between innings was a bit much. The announcers were bad enough that I switched and watched a game on MLB.TV instead.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else to see with Apple TV+ I didn't get the subscription for baseball, but it was Friday evening, so I watched it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I watched my first Friday night baseball game last night.
Positives - very polished graphics. Nice running statistics on various elements of the game
Negatives - unpolished and bad announcers, commercials are all apple. Constant Apple ads in between innings was a bit much. The announcers were bad enough that I switched and watched a game on MLB.TV instead.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else to see with Apple TV+ I didn't get the subscription for baseball, but it was Friday evening, so I watched it.
FYI - Friday Night baseball doesn’t require a subscription (yet), so if that was your only reason to get it, you can probably ask for a refund.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Like many I just killed my Apple TV subscription because the free trial is about to expire. I've also been cleaning house on a lot of my subscriptions but am still going to pay $20 a month for Apple Music and increased iCloud storage (killed my increased Dropbox storage in the great subscription purge).

Honestly the only thing that is making me consider the One subscription is Apple fitness. I really need to improve in that area but also have a lousy experience with past gym memberships. I was probably paying $300 a visit based on how long I kept memberships and how infrequently I went. But if I am ever going to step up and consistently, doing it privately in the comfort of my home would be the way I most likely would do it.

My experience with both News and Arcade were meh. Frankly I don't know how Apple TV is still viable other than Apple sitting on a large cash pile to fund it. While people may enjoy some of the content on there, in a huge competitive streaming playing field I think Apple has completely failed to step up to the plate. It seems like little more than a dumping ground for old guy Apple executive passion projects that don't exactly resonate outside their bubble. I've found better content on free streaming services.

So I thought I'd ask on here where people are at with this bundle.
My family and I were pretty quick to hop on the One subscription soon as it was offered. We really like Apple TV, Apple Music, iCloud, and Apple Fitness. While I don't use News as much as I did before, my new MBP 16' makes reading magazines actually enjoyable...

AppleFitness+ - I end up doing mostly HITT workouts that involves a lot of jumping and squatting - since we live on a second floor, that makes a lot of noise. We also have carpet so we had to get yoga mats that don't slide around (they slide around despite any claim to do otherwise). Highly recommend having an Apple Watch for this. I really like Apple Fitness+ and I'm the type that doesn't enjoy gyms.

I don't like News because of all the ads.

gollum

Power User
Reaction score
FYI - Friday Night baseball doesn’t require a subscription (yet), so if that was your only reason to get it, you can probably ask for a refund.
I know, and that was not the reason why I subscribed. It was due to paying close to Apple-One anyways. The baseball could be a nice addition, however, I was really unimpressed. I have the mlb.tv subscription, so there are other games I can tune into.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I went to Apple One because I was paying about that anyway, I think the difference was less than a buck.

The Arcade option is fun, just to try things out and find new time wasters for when on hold with some customer service department that says it values my time but has like two reps and half a million apparently dissatisfied customers calling at the same time I had picked up the phone.

Never cared for the Apple News+ feature, don't really make use of all the extra cloud storage most of the time but it has come in handy now and then. I do like Apple Music because I get to try out a lot of versions of classical works for as long as I like before finally choosing a CD version for purchase.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Things have changed a bit. We’re trying out the Apple One Premiere which gives us all the services.

My wife wants the News, so she’ll cancel her subscription to The Atlantic (hard copy) that was about to go up to ~ $86/year.

Then we’ll dump Spotify in favor of Apple Music. I’ll definitely use Fitness and we were paying for TV+ anyway.

Not sure we need the extra storage and there’s ~ 5% chance I’ll use Arcade, but worth a shot to see if it works for us.

edit: Forgot we also pay $5/month for Pandora w/o ads, so we’re dumping that too. I’ll rationalize this somehow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2