Apple Watch Workout

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts. I start a swim and my watch screen looks like this, where I can clearly see the number of laps:

incoming-176E3FCB-E1E7-44CD-BD5C-22D738450A73.png

For no known reason, the screen will change to this, where I have no clue how many laps I’ve swum.

incoming-1A5BB983-E1DA-4C41-B6C6-7800AD71F191.png

The screen is locked. No way to return to original screen. Even if I release the water and pause the workout, when I resume, it’s always on the 2nd screen. Gahhhhh!!! Why is it doing this, and how can I make it stop?

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
This is new. You swipe UP to get to the original screen.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is new. You swipe UP to get to the original screen.
But you can’t swipe up without pausing your workout, releasing the water, resuming the working, swiping up, and re-locking. Or am I missing something?

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Well I don't swim with mine. And actually, sorry, you have to swipe down to get back to the original screen (because the original screen is "on top" of the new rings screen). I can switch back and forth, but I only really use walking and other workouts. I don't swim at all.

It's weird that it is somehow getting switched in the water since I thought locking the screen was supposed to prevent screen changes. I wonder if there is somehow that you are getting to the rings screen before locking it and that's the screen for the workout. I just tested locking my screen and was unable to do anything without unlocking by holding the crown.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I don't swim with mine. And actually, sorry, you have to swipe down to get back to the original screen (because the original screen is "on top" of the new rings screen). I can switch back and forth, but I only really use walking and other workouts. I don't swim at all.

It's weird that it is somehow getting switched in the water since I thought locking the screen was supposed to prevent screen changes. I wonder if there is somehow that you are getting to the rings screen before locking it and that's the screen for the workout. I just tested locking my screen and was unable to do anything without unlocking by holding the crown.
We’ll find out in a couple of hours when I go for my swim. 🤞🏻

Top Bottom
1 2