Been umming and ahhing until Saturday

U

User.191

Earlier this year I brought my iPad 12.9 and fell in love with it.

A couple of weeks ago I brought an M1 Air and started to ponder if I needed to keep the iPad given that they both have virtually the same sized screen and I have the magic keyboard on the Mac. Did I really need two devices I thought…

…until Saturday when we went out to our local coffee shop and I took both devices with me.

Finally I found the reason I need both - dual monitors.

I’d never really used sidecar before - I’d played with it at home on my work Mac, but with the MacBook Pro monitor, the work supplied 34” widescreen and my trusty 26” from 5 years ago, I really didn’t need a 4th.

Sitting at the coffee shop though was a totally different experience. Being able to work on my Air using Paw (API testing tool) using cloud based projects, having the vendor API documentation and Curl calls that I could copy and paste into Paw on the iPad, suddenly made me realize just how more functional I could be.

With Paw projects in the cloud, all my other projects synced by Tresorit and my VPN connection - my work macbook pretty much doesn’t need to go with me anywhere now when I’m out and about. As soon as I got home I went downstairs to my home office, logged into my work MBP and carried on from exactly where I’d left off.

And it’s not a weight issue - it’s that I’ve so much plugged into the MBP hub (several drives) that normally disconnecting them is a real PITA.

So yeah - keeping them both!

Top Bottom
1 2