Booze. Wine, Beer, Spirits, 'Nuf said

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My brother cooked up some chocolate cherry lager and gave me a couple bottles – in, you know, those cork&bail bottles that, fortunately, can be resealed. That stuff was as good as a proper stout ale.

Nice. I've wanted to do some home brew for years and just never have, I mean, I even got a home brew kit a few years ago, pretty basic setup, but it included everything, yeast, cans of ingredients, etc., and it still just sitting in a closet.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
It’s hard to find around here and I grossly overpaid for it.

25C85978-64BF-45B2-BDC0-C40E8FEA3800.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoy!

My favorites are Tsingtao and Yanjing with the latter my preference.

Must look into Tsingtao; it was included on the list of the takeout place, but some of the reviews (yes, I read reviews of all of the beers listed) were less than ecstatic.

Must try it the next time I place an order for Asian food.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Making Grand Old Fashioneds. Steak and crab are in the bullpen.

View attachment 652

Nice. Blanton's makes a nice bourbon.

I'm over here making carnitas for dinner. They're roasting after a marinade that includes a little tequila. I've decided to make high-end nachos, so we're having carnitas with a homemade cheese sauce, and homemade chips.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Chips are done. So, I'm treating myself to coffee and a corona-concha (a concha, or shell-shaped pastry, that looks sorta' like the coronavirus.) One of the Washington Post's reporters wrote, "Covid-19 makes us think about our mortality. Our brains aren’t designed for that," and all my fellow reporters who are Mexican think this is hilarious.

The corona-concha—along with the coming El Dia De Las Muertos at the end of the month—offer a pretty good rebuttal to the article. Americans aren't good at thinking about mortality any more, especially women from Oregon who go to "mommy and me boot camps." *snerk*

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Must look into Tsingtao; it was included on the list of the takeout place, but some of the reviews (yes, I read reviews of all of the beers listed) were less than ecstatic.

Must try it the next time I place an order for Asian food.
Tsingtao is readily available around here so I’ve had my fair share. While in China I drink (drank) Yanjing which isn’t common here. Until I met a Chinese guy who bought a local liquor store and became friends. He ordered Yanjing for me. I felt obligated to buy up all he had every month because it is unknown brand.

I associate good memories (scents and flavors) to both Tsingtao and Yanjing. Peking Duck just wouldn‘t taste right without it. Lol.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Tsingtao is readily available around here so I’ve had my fair share. While in China I drink (drank) Yanjing which isn’t common here. Until I met a Chinese guy who bought a local liquor store and became friends. He ordered Yanjing for me. I felt obligated to buy up all he had every month because it is unknown brand.

I associate good memories (scents and flavors) to both Tsingtao and Yanjing. Peking Duck just wouldn‘t taste right without it. Lol.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Yanjing is often difficult to find. It's a pretty good pale lager.

I'd have to scour the local liquor store and see if they have it, or check in with the relatively new Chinese place down by the university.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm surprised that Yanjing is often difficult to find. It's a pretty good pale lager.

I'd have to scour the local liquor store and see if they have it, or check in with the relatively new Chinese place down by the university.

I found it sometimes but not often. This guy was very kind to order it. So it’s available just not in demand I reason. I liked it.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Currently having a Fever Tree ginger beer (light variant) + Old Foresters 100 proof bourbon, aka, sort-of-a-Kentucky-Mule, drink this all the time, no lime, no mint, just bourbon and ginger beer (always a low/no sugar version of the latter).

Big fan of the OF bourbon, it's very traditional, a little sweet, cherries, honey, cloves, not very peaty, no "smokiness". It's not an expensive bourbon, but reviews up there with some of the best. If I'm going to be a bourbon only sipper, I generally buy something like High West American Prairie bourbon (a lot of the same flavor profile).

Otherwise, been drinking these ...

IMG_7214_1200.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Had this the other day, love some Moretti, this is their Doppelbock I hadn't had before, terrific :) That pizza BTW, has a crust made with spaghetti squash, amazing o_O

IMG_7186_1200.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I gave my brother a bottle of scotch called "Dimpled Pinch", pointing out that the bottle was sort of concave-triangular with a loose pattern of fine wires wrapped around it so it would not roll around on the floor during those tire-punishing turns.

Yes, good one (second from the left), I saved a ton of bottles/packages, they line the upper cabinets, did have LED lighting behind them but it crapped out, will replace it soon :)

IMG_7212_1200.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2