Can Joe Biden really be this cool?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Screen shot from his remarks in the Rose Garden today...

DAEB7E8D-D1A6-4C70-B772-5EC9CC45CE90.jpeg

Now, I’ll allow that TV doesn’t always show colors correctly, but the president just looks badass in that picture.

A purple suit? That’s the look of a man who doesn’t give a fuck what you think. 😆

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
The photo actually reminded me of two things in addition to Obama‘s suit.

First: The dress that sparked ridiculous levels of debate regarding its color. Yikes.

Second: Tent camping on a ski slope in northwestern mainland Japan in the summer during a music festival. Amazing experience. Many stories to tell. But very confusing for a moment when I reached into my backpack and picked up a fresh pair of boxers of a color I had never owned, much less packed. The light from the sun filtered through the fabric of the tent made the boxers I had always considered to be black look very different.

But Biden looks cool and in control! Trump must be fuming!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Seriously...it's probably a maladjusted camera. Blue and purple are sometimes hard to get right. I've seen games where the Minnesota Vikings were wearing "blue" uniforms. It can happen, for example, if the cameras are being white balanced when it's cloudy outside, and then the sun comes out.

That said, I tried all the adjustments on my iPhone and when I got the suit to look blue, Biden's face turned a sickly shade of Trump. Even in Photoshop none of the simpler adjustments keep Biden's skin tones correct while getting the suit to look blue. So the suit just might be purple.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Did anybody try viewing the picture on their Apple TV 4K after color-calibrating with their iPhone 12? I did that and I didn’t notice a change at first. But yesterday I was watching a DS9 rerun on Netflix and I feel like I saw Quark’s proper skin tone for the first time in my life. Or maybe I was up too late.

U

User.45

The photo actually reminded me of two things in addition to Obama‘s suit.

First: The dress that sparked ridiculous levels of debate regarding its color. Yikes.

Second: Tent camping on a ski slope in northwestern mainland Japan in the summer during a music festival. Amazing experience. Many stories to tell. But very confusing for a moment when I reached into my backpack and picked up a fresh pair of boxers of a color I had never owned, much less packed. The light from the sun filtered through the fabric of the tent made the boxers I had always considered to be black look very different.

But Biden looks cool and in control! Trump must be fuming!
At least it didn't become a thong:)

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I knew it. Here’s a photographer’s shot from the same event.

F6FAB210-9C0C-4614-A8AB-AC57D7649792.jpeg

That original picture was way over saturated too.

It’s a nice suit anyway. Just not as cool as purple.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thank God it wasn’t a tan suit!

I cannot call to mind a better example of the hypocrisy and double standards (not to mention the monstrous amorality) of much of the conservative commentariat, than this gaping gulf between how they reported (or commented on) President Obama when he graced the White House, and the indulgence, latitude, tolerance, and endless understanding that they extended to the loathsome and utterly vile Mr Trump when they reported on him during his appalling (and yes, disgusting and disgraceful) term of office.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2