Department Of Homeland Security Announces New Disinformation Governance Board

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
trump alone could keep this department busy
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Department of Homeland Security is stepping up an effort to counter disinformation coming from Russia as well as misleading information that human smugglers circulate to target migrants hoping to travel to the U.S.-Mexico border.
“The spread of disinformation can affect border security, Americans’ safety during disasters, and public trust in our democratic institutions,” the department said in a statement Wednesday. It declined The Associated Press’ request for an interview.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This will be overturned by the first federal judge who hears it. No matter who appointed them or their political beliefs.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This will be overturned by the first federal judge who hears it. No matter who appointed them or their political beliefs.
If Republicans are going to defend their "right" to say anything and everything, then they should have zero problems with the Government having the right to do the same, even to refute false claims. Otherwise, check your hypocrisy at the door.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The First Amendment.

They are are going to have to walk a very fine line here. The second they tell someone what they can't say, it will be over.
What you're claiming is anyone has a right to say whatever hate speech they want with zero consequences, then out of the other side of your mouth saying the Government cannot speak freely to contradict it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The First Amendment.

They are are going to have to walk a very fine line here. The second they tell someone what they can't say, it will be over.
What evidence do you have that they will be censoring people? I’ve seen none. And how do you think they’d do it? Hack into Facebook and delete stuff surreptitiously?

I looked this up and found hundreds of articles from Fox and other right-wing sources. So I can see where you got the faux outrage from. The propaganda machine is in overdrive.

Funny, they don’t give any details of what they accuse DHS of doing, just innuendo and personal attacks on the director, Ms. Jankowicz.

Meanwhile, true government censorship in the name of fighting CRT is being enshrined into law by right-wing governors all over America… and conservatives support it!

Are there any conservatives out there who don’t just blindly believe every bit of nonsense spewed by Fox?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What you're claiming is anyone has a right to say whatever hate speech they want with zero consequences, then out of the other side of your mouth saying the Government cannot speak freely to contradict it.

The government can say what they want. But do you really think it will end there?

The will not be able to directly label things people say as disinformation.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I’ve seen Ms. Jankowicz speak on TV before and she seems to be quite intelligent and reasonable. I just pulled up one of her 2020 videos discussing disinformation and how to research it, and it is completely spammed with derogatory and misogynistic comments from far-right thugs who just put them up there yesterday and today. This isn’t about the first amendment. This is a coordinated right-wing attack on a strong, smart woman who supports Ukraine and opposes Russia.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The government can say what they want. But do you really think it will end there?

Again, innuendo and fear mongering. ”I don’t know what they’re gonna do, but I know it will be REALLY BAD!”

What a load of 💩.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I’ve seen Ms. Jankowicz speak on TV before and she seems to be quite intelligent and reasonable.

This being the same woman who said the Hunter Biden laptop story wasn't real. A position since contradicted by both the NYT and WaPo.

They won't be forbidding anyone from saying what they want to say. They will be telling other people that what someone might be saying is bullshit.

And if they do it in the aggregate they might be OK, but the minute they point at an individual or news organization and say "what they say is bullshit", then it will be over.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

If they don't then we've learned nothing from Jan 6th. Republicans are happy to leave these decisions to idealistic billionaire owners of social media companies yet have an issue when it comes to a governing body doing it.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
And if they do it in the aggregate they might be OK, but the minute they point at an individual or news organization and say "what they say is bullshit", then it will be over.

That's not a violation of the 1st Amendment. The government can't jail, fine, or issue any punitive charges over the things you say, but if you're out there unknowingly spreading, say, Russian propaganda, then they can call you out for such.

Of course, everyone is such a contrarian these days, that any attempt for the government to do so will only make some people believe it that much more.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This being the same woman who said the Hunter Biden laptop story wasn't real. A position since contradicted by both the NYT and WaPo.

We’ve been over the Hunter Biden laptop story. Did you read what was posted? The supposed info was offloaded onto another hard drive, and a bunch of new folders and files were added. So which are the original files, and which are the new ones? Nobody knows. Which means the whole thing could be a bunch of fake files. So yeah, it actually IS bullshit. God, to think Republicans are fucking stupid enough to still be obsessed with Hunter Biden’s laptop… it’s SAD.

And be honest, did you know anything about Nina Jankowicz before it was force-fed to you by Fox in the last day or two?

Trump accused individuals and specific newspapers of lying EVERY DAY. Where was your outrage then? Was that a violation of the first amendment? Because he did exactly what you just claimed above would be illegal.

Again, it truly shows how stupid the Fox sheep are when they actually believe this is some agency that’s going to censor everybody. They can’t even put two brain cells together to see what it actually is: information counter-warfare against Russia and other adversaries - countering lies by putting out the truth. Biden did this EXTREMELY well when Russia was lying about invading Ukraine. He didn’t try to censor anybody; he simply countered their lies with the truth. Which is what this agency is about. But again, right-wingers want to be able to lie without being challenged. Why do you think they quit the presidential debates?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Follow-up on Jankowicz and Biden’s laptop. Here is the quote that supposedly proves she said the laptop didn’t exist or something.

"Regarding Russia and what we have learned, I am not sure that the United States has actually learned very many lessons," she testified. "I think the past couple of days have shown that we've learned, perhaps, or at least have become more circumspect about how to report on hack-and-leak materials or things that might be of an illicit provenance."

”might be of an illicit provenance” is NOT claiming something doesn’t exist. And in the end, it was actually prophetic, as we later learned how the files were modified, meaning almost none of the information can be trusted to be authentic.

The vast majority of the data — and most of the nearly 129,000 emails it contained — could not be verified by either of the two security experts who reviewed the data for The Post.

Among the reasons for the inconclusive findings was sloppy handling of the data, which damaged some records. The experts found the data had been repeatedly accessed and copied by people other than Hunter Biden over nearly three years.

So, this:

Is false.

Which is pretty much par for the course for anybody who thinks Fox News is actual news.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Here’s a good interview (pre Ukraine invasion) that shows you what Ms. Jankowicz is about, and touches on her expertise on Ukraine, Russia, and disinformation.

Too bad that today the comments are full of such anti-Semitic comments as these:

1651336219233.png

So, for those who mindlessly spout the Fox News talking points: these are your peers. Congratulations. I hope you think about what the attacks on her truly are before joining in.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The problem with this Board is that it will be a death panel.

I mean, isn’t everything that democrats do all about death panels?

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I mean, isn’t everything that democrats do all about death panels?

Well, they ARE trying to cull and genetically reprogram the population through vaccines and other DNA altering substances in order to create a race of easily influenced sheeple that will quickly fall in line with the New Woke Order.

You're Jewish, right? YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!

Top Bottom
1 2